Keeping it cool...

garnetsilver

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Salads with lots of cucumbers are cooling. Ice cream of course. Some hot countries swear by spicy foods to make you sweat and cool off, but I won't try it, lol. Lemonade with lots of ice, cool (not ice cold) flavored seltzers.

Selectric

Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
I always drank coffee even on hot days. I may get strange looks by people, but it helps in cooling you down. I stop on my way home and get ice cream or water ice once in awhile. I usually don't eat much while working in the heat. If i do salad seems to be the choice.

GoneWestUtah

Currently Active on planet Earth
Reaction score
I have no appetite when it's hot. I just try and stay hydrated. My favorite cool drinks are Arnold Palmers (half lemonade, half iced tea) and Diet Pepsi. In my drinking days I would stick a beer in the freezer for 20 minutes, so when I opened it, the top inch turned to slush. OMG that is the MOST refreshing drink in the world, on a hot day. Just toss it back and drink it all down while still slushy.

OP
OP
Debi

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I have no appetite when it's hot. I just try and stay hydrated. My favorite cool drinks are Arnold Palmers (half lemonade, half iced tea) and Diet Pepsi. In my drinking days I would stick a beer in the freezer for 20 minutes, so when I opened it, the top inch turned to slush. OMG that is the MOST refreshing drink in the world, on a hot day. Just toss it back and drink it all down while still slushy.
My hubs does that beer in the freezer trick!

I get Diet Pepsi in cans during the summer so I can use the cans as ice packs first to cool down! lol They chill faster than the bottles.

garnetsilver

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
My hubs does that beer in the freezer trick!

I get Diet Pepsi in cans during the summer so I can use the cans as ice packs first to cool down! lol They chill faster than the bottles.
Good idea!