Karaoke

Will. Never. Happen. Playing an instrument on stage is far less terrifying than SINGING!! I won't even speak in public, let alone sing! Even if I was drunk I don't think it would make any difference, lol! :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Lynne
Back in the '80s I went through a phase of songwriting. I made demo tapes at home. I had to sing on the demos so I did my best. I was told I sounded like Lou Reed. Which is to say I can't sing worth a damn.

Reactions: Lynne
Back in the '80s I went through a phase of songwriting. I made demo tapes at home. I had to sing on the demos so I did my best. I was told I sounded like Lou Reed. Which is to say I can't sing worth a damn.
Did you sell any songs? very cool Crux

Did you sell any songs? very cool Crux

I sold one to a publisher here in LA. I co-wrote it with a partner who could sing well, and we made a professional demo with real studio musicians, etc. I wrote the lyrics. It won an award in a songwriting competition.

But, it went nowhere.

Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
I sold one to a publisher here in LA. I co-wrote it with a partner who could sing well, and we made a professional demo with real studio musicians, etc. I wrote the lyrics. It won an award in a songwriting competition.

But, It went nowhere.
That is still pretty amazing.

Reactions: crux