Kansas UFO

500 ft altitude doing 6 mph? Humans are very poor judges of the speed, size, and distance of an object, especially one in flight. That's one of the first things we were taught as mishap investigators. The lecturer on the topic was a professor of psychology who explained how the human brain perceives/analyzes/processes those variables in relationships to one another.

How many times have you heard a UFO researcher relate a witness description of a craft miles long or traveling thousands of miles per hour? Even worse, how often do you hear that researcher then use those descriptions to state authoritatively the craft could not possibly be from Earth because we don't have the technology to produce such things? Many researchers automatically take witness estimates of size/speed/distance of an UFO as factual, despite the fact the average person does not have the capability to make such determinations accurately.

Reactions: Debi
500 ft altitude doing 6 mph? Humans are very poor judges of the speed, size, and distance of an object, especially one in flight. That's one of the first things we were taught as mishap investigators. The lecturer on the topic was a professor of psychology who explained how the human brain perceives/analyzes/processes those variables in relationships to one another.

How many times have you heard a UFO researcher relate a witness description of a craft miles long or traveling thousands of miles per hour? Even worse, how often do you hear that researcher then use those descriptions to state authoritatively the craft could not possibly be from Earth because we don't have the technology to produce such things? Many researchers automatically take witness estimates of size/speed/distance of an UFO as factual, despite the fact the average person does not have the capability to make such determinations accurately.
This is why I bring this stuff to you...lol I know you'll sort it out. :)

This is why I bring this stuff to you...lol I know you'll sort it out. :)

Just trying to point out the difficulty in evaluating what you get from eyewitnesses. I promise you police officers will tell you the same thing, some witnesses are more credible than others. A good investigator knows, or at least determines, whose testimony is reliable/reasonable and whose is not.

Just trying to point out the difficulty in evaluating what you get from eyewitnesses. I promise you police officers will tell you the same thing, some witnesses are more credible than others. A good investigator knows, or at least determines, whose testimony is reliable/reasonable and whose is not.
I know how the mind can play tricks with info, which is why when I had my sighting, I went immediately to write down what I saw. That way I felt I could best report without changes what I saw. I still use the same statements I wrote at that time when describing it to others. Having documented a lot of things in the medical sense, it helped to be precise and specific.

Reactions: Duke
I know how the mind can play tricks with info, which is why when I had my sighting, I went immediately to write down what I saw. That way I felt I could best report without changes what I saw. I still use the same statements I wrote at that time when describing it to others. Having documented a lot of things in the medical sense, it helped to be precise and specific.

Understand. Not to beat a dead horse, but if one reads my UFO sighting on this thread, they will note I gave estimated airspeed and altitude for the C-119 involved. Those estimates we made years later after I had an opportunity to review a C-119 "DASH-1" (flight manual) and talk to a former C-119 pilot, and were based on the distance from WPAFB and assuming the a/c was on approach. No way I could have made reasonable, informed estimates as a young teenager.

This video was not clear enough to rule out a drone. Duke thanks for the word on this one. I agree.