Just my imagination?

Thanks ParanormalMom. I have long believed that the power of the Ouija board was in the intent rather than the board itself. It's just a piece of wood or cardboard until someone gives it purpose. When my daughter was trying it she believed it was simply a way to get in touch with her subconscious rather than an outside entity. For this reason I'm not inclined to entirely believe that it was her action that brought something to the house. Of course this is just my theory.

Steve I know it was not her intention to purposely bring something. Unfortunately Society in most cases make the paranormal out to be fake the spirit board to be nothing but a game, and sometimes things happen even when you don't think they do.

Being the guy in the house you need to let whatever it is know who's boss of the place.Being an open and sensitive to things sometimes leaves you feeling vulnerable,its ok to be like this as long you don't let anything else take charge.I was like this myself when younger,now a grumpy old so and so,don't seem to get much negative stuff at all.

now a grumpy old so and so

Ozentity it ain't so LMAO

download.jpeg

Reactions: Donna K. and Lynne
Hahaha. I just spit out my coke. OZ you’re so funny.
I like to make people laugh Lynne,but I am getting intolerant of some people as I'm aging.Hope I don't lose my humour, its what people know me for.I try to be like my grandma who was still making jokes 1/2 hour before she passed in her 90's.She never experienced anything paranormal until her husband visited her a couple of months before she died.He passed 40 years before,she finally saw what I see and she was so happy.

Reactions: Donna K. and Lynne
Thanks ParanormalMom. I have long believed that the power of the Ouija board was in the intent rather than the board itself. It's just a piece of wood or cardboard until someone gives it purpose. When my daughter was trying it she believed it was simply a way to get in touch with her subconscious rather than an outside entity. For this reason I'm not inclined to entirely believe that it was her action that brought something to the house. Of course this is just my theory.
What makes a Ouija board a Ouija board? You are right about intent and it just being bits of stuff. It sounds like what your daughter was doing was using randomness to access her subconscious and understand herself. I used to do stuff like that at that age. It's a whole different kettle of fish to summoning spirits. Writing the alphabet on a bit of paper and seeing where your own self guides the hand is much different to anything usually associated with Ouija boards in my opinion.
A keyboard is a rectangle with letters and numbers written on it, much like a Ouija board. It doesn't matter what people call a thing, it's how it's used. As long as she's not trying to contact mysterious forces, then I say, "Why worry?". The timing may just be a coincidence or else related in a different way. Perhaps she has some spiritual potential that's awakening and something is homing in on that? I'd say not to jump to conclusions. Your daughter seems pretty smart and so do you. It's only my opinion, but if something is happening , I don't think it's anybodys fault

For the most part there hasn't really been activity in my house aside from a few very isolated incidents. Certainly nothing reoccurring or attached. However, for the nearly a year I have been seeing a white shape moving around. It's always just out of the corner of my eye. I had chalked it up to just my imagination, especially since we have animals and I know the effects pareidolia and peripheral vision can have when put together. But I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm not just imagining it.

A while back I went to my daughter's room to check on her and found her playing with a homemade Ouija board. It was just a piece of paper with hand written letters on it and she had a crystal pendant she was swinging back and forth over it. I stopped her and told her not to do it again, I got the eye roll and "Dad, you just don't understand" groan. She told me that Ouija boards aren't real and it's just the ideamotor effect. I told her if it's not real then there's no need to use any sort of board so stop using it anyway. It was shortly afterwards that she took up her fascination with spell books and Wicca, which I have mentioned on this forum before. However the idea that she started by using a Ouija type board left me feeling uneasy.

Shortly after this my I became worried about my son's night terrors. Sometimes he'll wake up screaming in the middle of the night, but when we go to check on him he asks why we're in his room. He doesn't remember having any kind of dream, much less a specific nightmare. Now, in fairness, this sort of thing had been happening prior to the Ouija board incident. My son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when he was 13 months old. When his blood sugar levels are off, usually too low, he can start hallucinating. There were some scares when he was younger where he was screaming hysterically and we're thinking about rushing him to the emergency room. So waking up to him screaming in the middle of the night is not too far out of the ordinary. However, within the past year or so he is having night terrors when his blood sugar levels are normal and there are mornings when I wake up to find him sleeping on the couch rather than in his bed. He says that sometimes he doesn't feel safe in his room.

So when I started seeing movement out of the corner of my eye I figured it was my imagination, the Ouija board freaking me out coupled with my son's nightmares just had me on edge and my mind was playing tricks on me. However there have been a few times, late at night that my wife will mention that one of the kids us up and walking around the living room. The layout of our house is such that she can see into the living room from her side of the bed. I go out to see which kid is up only to find them both sound asleep in their beds. My wife can't see much without her glasses so if a kid was awake then all she would be able to make out is a vague shape anyway.

Then there's the cat. Our cat is not the best metric to measure anything paranormal, she frequently runs through the house attacking nothing and running face first into the furniture. Sometimes when I see something white dart across the room the cat will react at the same time and stare at the same spot I am as if she saw the same thing.

By themselves each of these experiences can have perfectly normal explanations, and by default I approach any strange occurrence with a skeptic mentality. When taken together I'm wondering if something has taken an interest in our house. The fact that it's a recent occurrence after about 17 years of living in this house makes me think, if there is something here it wasn't around when we first moved in. This is why my mind goes back to the Ouija board, though I don't know for sure that would be the cause just that the timing is about right.

My dilemma is how to investigate and/or confront and drive out something that may or may not actually be there. My wife doesn't believe in this stuff and I don't want to scare the kids by telling them there might be a ghost in the house. If there's nothing there then I'm scaring the kids for no good reason, if there is something there I don't want to feed it by spreading fear. Aside from my son's nightmares, which may or may not be related, there is no negativity or uneasy feelings; just glimpses of motion.

At the same time, if I need to take steps to reclaim my house I think it needs to be a family effort and not just something I do when everyone else is out.
If your daughter starts using an ouija board again, I personally would suggest to give her examples of how much bad an ouija board can do, possesions and unwanted spirts are all an ouija board can bring around to the inexperienced. Yes, maybe you don't want to scare her, and I understand that. But it's not something to be taken lightly, ouija boards are not a joke, I believe she needs to understand that in case she starts using it again. Or Wicca in general. These things are not something to play around with.

As for the white entity, I don't think the homemade ouija board made it visit your place. If it gives you a negative feeling, then maybe it's time to do a small cleansing in your house and auric field (I don't know how else to say it, sorry). Sometimes shadows and negative entities visit us when too much negativity is piled up in our energy.

If you're catholic you can ask for help from the archangels. Listen to your son too, kids can feel and see more things, if he says he feels uneasy in his room then maybe there's something wrong indeed. You're not alone, and there's no need to be afraid. I personally would say to not talk about it with your wife if she's not open with this stuff though.

Good luck.

Reactions: Lynne