Just met a Chinese lady.

No offence taken. It just seemed a wrong match to me as it was out of context with the meeting.

I think I may have got it, although the spelling is different I had no idea how to spell it anyway.

I just put "Hi" , and "Hello" into Google and it came up with this - in Vietnamese -
translate - Google Search
xin chào
Clicky on the speaker symbol - and that was what she said! It means "Hello"

Not the first time I've had a spirit in the kitchen, as my partners dad taught me how to make proper gravy his way.

Last edited:
No offence taken. It just seemed a wrong match to me as it was out of context with the meeting.

I think I may have got it, although the spelling is different I had no idea how to spell it anyway.

I just put "Hi" , and "Hello" into Google and it came up with this - in Vietnamese -
translate - Google Search
xin chào
Clicky on the speaker symbol - and that was what she said! It means "Hello"
Very nice... The phonetic equivalent of " Shen Chow" is quite how I might imagine "Xin Chao" is pronounced in Vietnamese. Had it not been for this, I would have thought that you had just gone backward from what you wanted to hear. That indeed makes it a compelling interpretation. On the other hand, her nationality is not clear. She therefore could have been saying "Shen Chou". And it was your first impression. Could both interpretations have merit?

Last edited:
At least I think she is Chinese.

I was just serving up casserole tonight, with roast veg and mushy peas because we are out of green veg, and this Chinese lady just popped into my head- in the same space as you would normally visualise something or someone, but this was out of the blue and not by my thinking.

She was a bit short, about 35, with black hair in a round bowl cut. As soon as I saw her she said "Shen Chow" - rather abruptly - but I don't know what that means!
She then showed me a bowl of spiced sliced cabbage in ribbons with green beans (like french beans cut short), and made motions with her right hand like she wanted me to eat them. It was in a normal white bowl with a red rim that was flattened a bit.

Anyone know what Shen Chow means?

This has not happened in my own home before, and is the first time someone of another language has appeared to me.

I bowed to thank her and she carried on smiling, until I turned away.
Wow, it seems she was contributing to your meal. I would say the meaning of that phrase would be food for the soul. Let us know if she comes back.

Rowan, where have you been? Nice to see you on the threads again.

Reactions: Paintman
So it means Hello in vietnamese.
No idea why she popped up. If I had any green beans I would have a go at the recipe. Maybe I should start a book "Cooking with spirit" :D
It's the second time I've had help in the kitchen First was my partners dad helping me to make gravy. - real gravy.

I guess I've been busy doing other things so gave this place a rest for a bit. Also had another encounter up the road from here with the spirit of a 9yr old girl, and between me and my partner had a recurring visit from a young woman who was killed in a car accident some distance from here - but we found the location! Not sure if I've written these up here or not.

Reactions: Paintman
So it means Hello in vietnamese.
No idea why she popped up. If I had any green beans I would have a go at the recipe. Maybe I should start a book "Cooking with spirit" :D
It's the second time I've had help in the kitchen First was my partners dad helping me to make gravy. - real gravy.

I guess I've been busy doing other things so gave this place a rest for a bit. Also had another encounter up the road from here with the spirit of a 9yr old girl, and between me and my partner had a recurring visit from a young woman who was killed in a car accident some distance from here - but we found the location! Not sure if I've written these up here or not.
It’s nice to see you around the place Ronan. Did you help the two spirits move on ?

I don't think they needed help moving on as they were just visiting and both seemed happy. I Think you would call it seeing them in visitation.
No idea how far the vietmanese lady had travelled, or why as I don't have a family connection.

Reactions: Lynne
I don't think they needed help moving on as they were just visiting and both seemed happy. I Think you would call it seeing them in visitation.
No idea how far the vietmanese lady had travelled, or why as I don't have a family connection.
I loved this experience, thanks for sharing.

I've just re-read your comment on moving on, and I think you meant the young girl and the car accident young woman. I think the car accident one is happier that we know what happened, so maybe that was all she wanted to say.
Not so with the girl in the woods as I need more time on that one, or assistance.

Reactions: Lynne