Just for fun....

Wow! Very cool, Paul! I think those with ink do feel that each one is significant to them. I know mine are. And I didn't even get my first one until I was 33. It wasn't on a whim at all.

its best to really think about it first, plan it out, have a few drawings done and only go with what you really want... ive waited up to a year just getting a drawing to where I liked it....no need to rush.

Reactions: Paintman
I've had this one planned out for a long time. My tattoo would be of a 1980s Mini (kinda like the one Mr. Bean drives) with the racing number 65 on the door and underneath it would say "37-02". It might sound like something really bizarre, but the reason behind it is this:

When my dad retired, he started a hobby of buying these clapped out old minis and fixing them up and selling them. I would sometimes help a bit and often spend time with him in the garage while he worked. The racing number is the age that he passed away at and the figures underneath are his birth and death dates.
That’s a wonderful idea. If you don’t get a tattoo it would make a great painting or drawing for your wall.

Reactions: 7Critter and Paulm
I've had this one planned out for a long time. My tattoo would be of a 1980s Mini (kinda like the one Mr. Bean drives) with the racing number 65 on the door and underneath it would say "37-02". It might sound like something really bizarre, but the reason behind it is this:

When my dad retired, he started a hobby of buying these clapped out old minis and fixing them up and selling them. I would sometimes help a bit and often spend time with him in the garage while he worked. The racing number is the age that he passed away at and the figures underneath are his birth and death dates.

sounds really good, memorial and tribute tattoos are always cool. doesn't sound bizarre at all, that type tattoo doesn't have to make sense to anyone except you, its a way for you to carry around those memories and have that connection whenever you look at it....
just pick a good design that's not overly detailed and hard to read. ( I see you're only in your twenties, try to keep it simple and it will last and be readable well into your old age,...lol )
not trying to sway ya in any way, but look at many ideas and get a couple different artists to draw up some ideas for ya, and go with the one that really strikes you with emotion.
also think outside the box....example...clean, readable, and only you know the true story behind it.

mini.png

or.....
mini2.png
mini.png

Last edited:
sounds really good, memorial and tribute tattoos are always cool. doesn't sound bizarre at all, that type tattoo doesn't have to make sense to anyone except you, its a way for you to carry around those memories and have that connection whenever you look at it....
just pick a good design that's not overly detailed and hard to read. ( I see you're only in your twenties, try to keep it simple and it will last and be readable well into your old age,...lol )
not trying to sway ya in any way, but look at many ideas and get a couple different artists to draw up some ideas for ya, and go with the one that really strikes you with emotion.
also think outside the box....example...clean, readable, and only you know the true story behind it.

View attachment 11929
Nice design

Reactions: Paulm

View attachment 11929
or.....
View attachment 11931 View attachment 11929
Awesome designs Paulm, and thanks for the advice :)

Reactions: Paulm and Debi
That’s a wonderful idea. If you don’t get a tattoo it would make a great painting or drawing for your wall.
Now that's something to consider. Main reason I never got the tattoo is I was always worried the artist doesn't do a proper job or that by old age it doesn't look good anymore. Can incorporate one of Paulm's designs in and the picture will last longer. Thanks Lynne!

Now that's something to consider. Main reason I never got the tattoo is I was always worried the artist doesn't do a proper job or that by old age it doesn't look good anymore. Can incorporate one of Paulm's designs in and the picture will last longer. Thanks Lynne!
I'm 65 as of last Friday and my ink has held up very well. Just put it somewhere that doesn't stretch or sag! lol

Had a patient once who was a retired tattoo lady from a circus. She had amazing art. The color had faded slightly, but the designs held up well and she was 82.

Glad to help !
And it’s not painful...

Reactions: Vibe-Feeler