Just for Americans

I can't even get a "real ID" license! If a woman has been married before, she has to come up with her divorce papers or marriage license from the first marriage. Well, here's the story. I have a black out of that time period of first husband. No lie. I can't tell you dates of marriage or divorce, or even his DOB or middle name! He went poof into thin air and not seen. And it's a really common name. I have no way of finding this paperwork. It was a very very very short marriage but lots of trauma. I will never fly as of 2020 when that becomes mandatory, nor will I be allowed into a federal building. Guess they will have to come to me.
ahhh, yes, I forgot about the 2020 law that goes into affect.....no real I.D then you need a passport to fly even domestically..... have you checked on passports or have they made the rules the same for those also??....

ahhh, yes, I forgot about the 2020 law that goes into affect.....no real I.D then you need a passport to fly even domestically..... have you checked on passports or have they made the rules the same for those also??....
Same thing applies there. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one.

Same thing applies there. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one.

You can get/renew a passport/passport card now without all the divorce paperwork can't you? They are good for ten years, and are a snap to renew (at least currently.)

You can get/renew a passport/passport card now without all the divorce paperwork can't you? They are good for ten years, and are a snap to renew (at least currently.)
I'll have to look into that. I have no idea. I know I just found this out when I renewed my license in January! Never had a passport before.

I'll have to look into that. I have no idea. I know I just found this out when I renewed my license in January! Never had a passport before.

Piece of cake. Pick up an application at the post office, and get a few passport photographs taken at the local AAA. Notarized copies of your birth certificate and marriage certificate/licence and you should be good to go.

Reactions: Debi
I've lived in several different states; California, Tennessee, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Colorado. But I have traveled through most of the lower half of the country

I have spent time in 3 different countries, Mexico, Bosnia and was stationed in Panama back where the US controlled the canal.