Just for Americans

A report was released stating that 10% of Americans have never left the state they were born in and 40% have never left the country.

Your experience?
Well I left the state I was born in,
And went to Canada when I was young to see Niagara Falls, then when I was 18 to a small town in Canada mainly French speaking .

Reactions: Charleh and TonyM
Estevan Canada if I remember straight it's in Saskatchewan area, I know they spoke French English

Reactions: TonyM
I have never left the country, but did travel cross country when I was eighteen and doing activist work. I traveled from New Jersey to California. I have also lived in four different states in the USA.

Those numbers sound about right to me. Would be interesting to compare them to US citizens from fifty years ago.

I remember reading several years ago that roughly 80% of Americans had flown at least once. That seemed high to me.

Reactions: TonyM and Charleh
Those numbers sound about right to me. Would be interesting to compare them to US citizens from fifty years ago.

I remember reading several years ago that roughly 80% of Americans had flown at least once. That seemed high to me.
I've heard that most Americans are as patriotic about their home town/state as they are their own country. Can you confirm?

Reactions: Paulm and TonyM
A report was released stating that 10% of Americans have never left the state they were born in and 40% have never left the country.

Your experience?
I've heard that most Americans are as patriotic about their home town/state as they are their own country. Can you confirm?

Both of these have truth to them I believe....but you also have to realize that most states are the size of many European countries...lol... And for charleh's question...yes that does hold truth also. But the american gov is designed to be self running in case of federal loss...in other words, each state is also ran as a separate entity with its own version of the federal level....so in a way each state is actually its own country......make sense?????... Lol.

Both of these have truth to them I believe....but you also have to realize that most states are the size of many European countries...lol... And for charleh's question...yes that does hold truth also. But the american gov is designed to be self running in case of federal loss...in other words, each state is also ran as a separate entity with its own version of the federal level....so in a way each state is actually its own country......make sense?????... Lol.
Sort of. Which is why I've heard a couple of states have banned certain federal entities from enforcing certain laws.

Reactions: Paulm
Sort of. Which is why I've heard a couple of states have banned certain federal entities from enforcing certain laws.
Yes indeed, and those " certain " laws are being ignored by more and more states daily, even cities within states are changing their views on those laws....but even other laws can vary widely from state to state...esp the state tax laws and real estate laws. Weapons laws are another big difference from one state to the next.....in a lot of ways it really is like going from one country to another.