Just add water...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
IT'S FLIPPIN' HOT OUT THERE! TIME FOR A SWIM!
WHICH DO YOU LIKE BEST?
POOL, OCEAN, LAKE, RIVER?

AS A BONUS TOPIC, DO YOUR FURBABIES ENJOY THE WATER? DO THEY HAVE POOL TIME?

Reactions: garnetsilver
IT'S FLIPPIN' HOT OUT THERE! TIME FOR A SWIM!
WHICH DO YOU LIKE BEST?
POOL, OCEAN, LAKE, RIVER?

AS A BONUS TOPIC, DO YOUR FURBABIES ENJOY THE WATER? DO THEY HAVE POOL TIME?
ocean, lake, river, pool last........ the big girls like water and have a pool, or they get in the pond which i try to discourage lol, the little ones dont care for getting wet to much, and they hate the beach or lakes, that is just too much water i guess

Addy Mae loves her little wading pool. No pics on my phone darnit, will post one later when at my computer.
We were told that Pugs detest water but Addy loves it. Loves bath time too.

Pool or hot tub for me. If Im on a natural body of water, its to fish, not splash.

The ocean is my first and last love, when it comes to water. I can't swim, but enjoy wading. I also love wading in streams or creeks, and even went out in a canoe once.

Both
Sheena and Zoey used to like curling up in the bathroom sink, but they are both too big now. Penelope likes drinking from the fountain, but definitely doesn't like getting her fur wet.

A cold river. The Nantahala. I've written about it before but I remember going White Water rafting in Bryson City, NC in mid July '00 and July of the next year. I was barely 19 and 20 at the time, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. 48 degree water and class 4 rapids. In fact, whenever I do have a vacation come my way, I might just look into it.

And I had at least one cat that didn't mind the water.

In my late teens and twenties I had a sheltie collie mutt mix named Thor. He loved to swim and hurd the Ducks around the pond. I had to buy him a baby pool to clean him off afterwards. One day he started to hurd a bunch of baby ducks. Things were going swimmingly until mama duck swooped down and landed on his back and started pecking him.
He didn't go back into the pond for several years. Then one day late in life I think he went for one last swim .

I will swim in anything. But basketball or volleyball in the pool is a blast. I also like those indoor outdoor pools separated with plexiglass that you find in cold weather resorts. Invigorating !

I used to surf weekly, swim in rapids of rivers and dive in dams. These days, sharks at the beach and snakes in the rivers and dams, I have become too careful, lol. The mutts still enjoy a dip in the dam, under supervision of course.