Just a little burned...

Letting it catch on fire evenly then blowing it out. I like them crispy on the outside and molten marshmallowy on the inside!
Funnest memory is roasting them on a big campfire while going to the Halloween event at a place called Living History Farms. This was so much fun as a kid.

Reactions: 7Critter and Lynne
Same here on the plain....but I'm a #3. Best story of marshmallow toasting was my very hard headed son (won't say which one) when he was about 12 decided he knew all about how to handle marshmallows and was adamant on not listening to helpful suggestions. Boy liked his pretty toasted, and we kept warning him it was gonna catch fire the way he was doing it. As he's spouting off telling us he knew what he was doing with his triple marshmallow loaded stick, the whole thing blows up in flames. Mr. Bigshot is still telling us how he knows what he's doing and not noticing the entire thing is in flames. As we all point and laugh, he turns to see it and suddenly screams, throws it up in the air and it flies off into his very own personal pup tent. We deployed the fire extinquisher at that point....lol
I can so picture this lol.
I like them on fire too. So no 4!

Reactions: ozentity
It was never a thing here and maybe still isn't. Available but not burned. The only way we could make toast was with a toasting fork with a slice of bread held over an open coal fire, kinda similar I suppose :)

Reactions: 7Critter
It was never a thing here and maybe still isn't. Available but not burned. The only way we could make toast was with a toasting fork with a slice of bread held over an open coal fire, kinda similar I suppose :)
You don’t have toasters for bread? You have to try a toasted marshmallow sometime. I have lit them on fire off the stove.

Reactions: 7Critter and TonyM
I have lit them on fire off the stove.
We had a gas stove as a kid. On special occasions, we were permitted to roast over the gas flame. I just remembered that, Lynne, as you mentioned it. Thanks for the memories !

Reactions: Lynne