Jesus tomb controversy

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Is where Jesus is buried? Geologist claims to have found Christ’s tomb

ONE thing’s for sure – Dr Aryeh Shimron’s claims are going to be pretty controversial.

He’s a geologist and he apparently has proof that Jesus Christ is buried at a site in East Jerusalem.

The area is called Talpiot Tomb and it was first found in 1980. But now Aryeh has done some tests, which he says prove Jesus of Nazareth, his wife Mary Magdalene and SON Judah were laid to rest there.

There are nine burial boxes in the tomb, and they all have names with links to the New Testament of the Bible on them.

It all caused people to suggest it was where Jesus’s body was buried, and was proof he’d married and had a child. This was highly controversial, given Christians believe Jesus was resurrected.

All of this was included in the 2007 movie The Lost Tomb of Jesus, but unsurprisingly it didn’t go down well with everyone.

Some people rubbished the claims, saying all the names etched on the boxes were so common at the time there’s no way of drawing any conclusions.

I don't mean to start a controversy or to discredit anyone's belief, but isn't it possible that Jesus' physical body WAS buried and that His spirit rose and is present in all of us ? I believe that His spirit is with me.

Reactions: Debi
I don't mean to start a controversy or to discredit anyone's belief, but isn't it possible that Jesus' physical body WAS buried and that His spirit rose and is present in all of us ? I believe that His spirit is with me.
I too believe his spirit lives in believers however I do believe he rose physically from the dead. I'll need more than a name on a box to change my faith.

Reactions: 7Critter
OK, the non-knowing wiccan is going to ask a question of the Christians here. It's my understanding that when Jesus appeared after his death, "they knew him not." I'm assuming that's because he looked different. Is it possible that he entered into a new body and that is the body that ascended to heaven? As we are spirit, and not a body, is this a possible explanation? (I'm not questioning anyone's faith...just trying to get a better handle on what the belief is.)

I believe his body was a glorified one of flesh and bone not flesh and blood. There is a biblical reference to this that I have to look up. I think he was so disfigured at his death the human mind could not grasp that it could possibly be him. The Bible states he appeared to the Appostles and to over 500 people. He was physical because when he appeared in the upper room to the Appostles he told Thomas to put his hand in his side. He also ate fish with them. He had to have a body that was incorruptible and fit for heaven. So yes I agree it is a physical body but a different type than we have now.

Reactions: 7Critter