Jesus face on tree

I like that Keel. I have never really thought about that but it is a peaceful thought and I think I'll keep it -- if it's okay with you.

Absolutely. :) It's been a while since I've said something so profound. Lol ;) And for those of us who are pagans, trees definitely have spirits.

As a man with long hair, I've been called 'Jesus' more than a few times, and my standard response is, "How do you know what what Jesus looked like?"
For anybody interested, here are some 3rd century images of Jesus, which is as early as it goes:
lazarusjesus.jpg

jesuswand.jpg

jesuswand2.jpg

No long hair and no beard!

The Carpocration sect were said (in the late 2nd century) to have had a painting they believed to be of Jesus and painted by Pontius Pilate, along with at least one statue, but sadly all of that was lost.
The deeply odd Slavonic version of Antiquities of the Jews, by Josephus, contained a description of unknown origin (though not part of the original book), in which Jesus was a dwarf with red hair and a monobrow. Oddly, that is (sort of) backed up by some early sources. Justin Martyr (2nd century) described Jesus as 'without comeliness' and the 2nd century Roman critic Celsus stated that Jesus was too physically imperfect to have been a god. The Gospel of Luke includes a story about a tax collector who wants to see Jesus but can't see him over the crowds because he is short. It's assumed that it was the tax collector who was short, but the text is ambiguous. There's no way to tell if it was him or Jesus who is being described as short. In addition, Jesus is described as riding on a young donkey. That's a very small animal. Could the sort of strapping tall man usually portrayed ride on that?
This may derive from interpretation of the old testament as prophesy or it may not. Who knows? Not me, and neither do the world's magical toast owners.

And also, is the Daily Star still going????
And further, I doubt both the story and the veracity of the photo!

Last edited:
Reactions: Donna K.
As a man with long hair, I've been called 'Jesus' more than a few times, and my standard response is, "How do you know what what Jesus looked like?"
For anybody interested, here are some 3rd century images of Jesus, which is as early as it goes:
View attachment 18861
View attachment 18862
View attachment 18863
No long hair and no beard!

The Carpocration sect were said (in the late 2nd century) to have had a painting they believed to be of Jesus and painted by Pontius Pilate, along with at least one statue, but sadly all of that was lost.
The deeply odd Slavonic version of Antiquities of the Jews, by Josephus, contained a description of unknown origin (though not part of the original book), in which Jesus was a dwarf with red hair and a monobrow. Oddly, that is (sort of) backed up by some early sources. Justin Martyr (2nd century) described Jesus as 'without comeliness' and the 2nd century Roman critic Celsus stated that Jesus was too physically imperfect to have been a god. The Gospel of Luke includes a story about a tax collector who wants to see Jesus but can't see him over the crowds because he is short. It's assumed that it was the tax collector who was short, but the text is ambiguous. There's no way to tell if it was him or Jesus who is being described as short. In addition, Jesus is described as riding on a young donkey. That's a very small animal. Could the sort of strapping tall man usually portrayed ride on that?
This may derive from interpretation of the old testament as prophesy or it may not. Who knows? Not me, and neither do the world's magical toast owners.

And also, is the Daily Star still going????
And further, I doubt both the story and the veracity of the photo!
Interesting pics, the faces are blurred in both images. As for the long hair and beard depictions...I thought this was due to the fact Jesus was of the Nazarene sect of Jews. They did not cut their hair.

Interesting pics, the faces are blurred in both images. As for the long hair and beard depictions...I thought this was due to the fact Jesus was of the Nazarene sect of Jews. They did not cut their hair.
The Nazerine thing and what it meant with Jesus seems like a big subject by itself, but I think you are probably right about that being where that image of Jesus with long hair and a beard comes from. Thanks for pointing it out.