Jesus face on tree

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

A British man chopping wood in his backyard could not believe his eyes when he noticed what appears to be the face of Jesus on one of the pieces of would-be kindling. John Dickson reportedly spotted the spiritual-looking anomaly after he had finished cutting up logs to be used for firewood and set about stacking the pieces. The man was soon stopped in his tracks when he picked one up and saw a rather familiar 'face' staring back at him.

"It totally freaked me out," Dickson recalled, noting that his brother was also present when the discovery occurred and he was also amazed by the eerie sight. Although not a religious person, Dickson still expressed some discomfort when it came to the prospect of using this particular piece of wood for a fire. "I'll never be able to burn it," he mused, "otherwise I'll burn in hell." Considering what the oddity might fetch on eBay, he might better off trying to sell the strange piece of wood anyway.

My problem with these kind of 'Jesus' in stuff is this... We, no one in 2000 years anyway, has actually SEEN Jesus's face. To my knowledge as centuries passed we CREATED an image and named it Jesus. White, and in perceptual and never ending pain... which in itself irks me to no end... So I can't figure out how they know these image's are Jesus.

I do believe their are TRUE instance's of apparition. In those instances I think you are focusing on the Sacredness and not the physical image. I would be - or at least hope I would be. The one exception 'to me'. Is the Shroud of Turin. The instant I first viewed an image of it - I accepted it as Truth and understood how it became. Regardless of the controversy - that is my Truth to hold so I don't argue it.

Reactions: Duke
My problem with these kind of 'Jesus' in stuff is this... We, no one in 2000 years anyway, has actually SEEN Jesus's face. To my knowledge as centuries passed we CREATED an image and named it Jesus. White, and in perceptual and never ending pain... which in itself irks me to no end... So I can't figure out how they know these image's are Jesus.

I do believe their are TRUE instance's of apparition. In those instances I think you are focusing on the Sacredness and not the physical image. I would be - or at least hope I would be. The one exception 'to me'. Is the Shroud of Turin. The instant I first viewed an image of it - I accepted it as Truth and understood how it became. Regardless of the controversy - that is my Truth to hold so I don't argue it.
I agree. I too believe in the shroud.

It is a very cool image. Can trees have spirit attachments?

Reactions: Benway and Donna K.

100% this. While I personally don't believe in the Shroud, it is far more a believable thing than any random image of a long haired bearded hippie. What if I had a brother/cousin/friend with long hair and a beard and I believe all of those random Jesus images looked like the guy I know? No one knows what he looked like, but I'm betting he looked like each of us. I think if any higher power were to take the form of a human, we'd all see someone very different because that higher power is supposed to be all things to all people.

I agree. I too believe in the shroud.

It is a very cool image. Can trees have spirit attachments?

In my weird experience - yes trees can. But I am not sure they are attachments as we know or think of them -- this thing is wayyyyy over my head.

I think if any higher power were to take the form of a human, we'd all see someone very different because that higher power is supposed to be all things to all people.

I like that Keel. I have never really thought about that but it is a peaceful thought and I think I'll keep it -- if it's okay with you.