News Jade Helm News Thread

At a recent family reunion at a Bastrop community center, Mark Peterson, who is black, said he has been “shocked” by what he views as racist undertones in much of the objection to Jade Helm.

“What I hate to hear most is, ‘We want to take our country back.’ This is still your country. Where did it go?” said Peterson, 42, a technology manager for a financial firm in Austin. If it were any other president but Obama, it would not be an issue.”
That statement is 100%, U.S. grade-A horse pucky! The president could be green for all I care, and I would still disagree! It's the darn policies and actions they're taking, not the color of the boy-president's skin. I am so sick of the race card crap. He happens to suck as a president, he also happens to be black. It is the lowest form of "argument" ever to blame his critics on race and not just the fact that they disagree on his policies.

Reactions: surge
That statement is 100%, U.S. grade-A horse pucky! The president could be green for all I care, and I would still disagree! It's the darn policies and actions they're taking, not the color of the boy-president's skin. I am so sick of the race card crap. He happens to suck as a president, he also happens to be black. It is the lowest form of "argument" ever to blame his critics on race and not just the fact that they disagree on his policies.
Exactly. When all they have to refute you is the race card, you know their position is untenable. Not that it won't be played vigorously. :mad::rolleyes:

Reactions: Seahunter
What the hell? I'm sick of people twisting and turning things into the race card. Can we all say, "Distraction"?

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...ze-Operation-Counter-Jade-Helm-to-6378017.php

When the troops land in Texas for Operation Jade Helm next week, someone will be waiting for them.

Hundreds of people have organized a "Counter Jade Helm" surveillance operation across the Southwestern states and in an effort to keep an eye on the contentious military drill that's sparked many suspicious of Uncle Sam's intentions.

Eric Johnston, a 51-year-old retired firefighter and sheriff's deputy who lives in Kerrville, is a surveillance team leader in Texas. He'll coordinate three groups of volunteers, about 20 folks in total, who hope to monitor the SEALs, Green Berets and Air Force Special Ops in Bastrop, Big Spring and Junction when Jade Helm kicks off on July 15. With media prohibited at the drills, the volunteers could be a main source of information for the highly-anticipate seven-state exercise.

Well, this is interesting.......

Reactions: surge