Jad asks...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
What is a life hack you randomly learned that you use in your every day life?

Mine is opening a pomegranate by cutting it in ½ laying it cut side down in my palm and hitting it in the back with a wooden spoon. I also will put a boiled egg in a cup and shake it around to get shells off.

(Thank you, jadamz)

For years I have been cutting green peppers wrong. I have done the horizontal slices to put on pizza, etc. Imagine my surprise when I figured out if you simply cut them as rings and then slice those in half, it cuts prep time and is sooo much easier.

Don't outwardly respond immediately (does not apply to emergency or life threatening situation or when in harms way). Think about what you just saw / heard/ perceived by some means, analyze it, problem solve it, and then respond. Often knee jerk reactions cause more harm than good. This procedure also allows one to stay calmer in a potentially stressful situation and to NOT say words that you will later regret. This also allows you to ask the question " is what I am about to do helpful for this situation, is it productive or destructive."

place coke / soda carton on refrigerator shelf, open both ends and push cans out onto shelf...(make sure cans are in standing position first.)...lol... sorry, i cant ever remember life hacks and always end up doing things the hard way.....lol

Don't outwardly respond immediately (does not apply to emergency or life threatening situation or when in harms way). Think about what you just saw / heard/ perceived by some means, analyze it, problem solve it, and then respond. Often knee jerk reactions cause more harm than good. This procedure also allows one to stay calmer in a potentially stressful situation and to NOT say words that you will later regret. This also allows you to ask the question " is what I am about to do helpful for this situation, is it productive or destructive."
oooooooohhhh wish I had learned that..ever...

turn the pill bottle cap upside down and it will hold your pills for the day

Reactions: Lynne and ozentity
a straw can be put theu the pop top of a soda can to hold itin place

socks and a blow dryer​

1. Put on a pair of thick socks and fasten the shoes comfortably.
  2. Now try applying a hair dryer for 20 to 30 seconds at a time to the tight areas.
  3. Use only medium heat, and keep the blow dryer in motion so you don’t excessively dry out or burn the leather.

Reactions: ozentity