It's in the mail...

i just figured they either had a surplus in the bank that wasnt on the books they had to ditch real quick, or they took funds from the advertising dept. OR this was just one of the many hairbrained ideas that occasionally slips through a corporate meeting somehow...lol... having sat in a few of those i will say they are plentiful.
That sounds about right!

25 years ago I knew someone who won a car in one of those promotions where thousands of keys are mailed-out, and you have to go to the dealership to try the key. It wasn't a real key, it was an aluminim blank with a number engraved on it.

A lot of these so called charities prey on the nice elderly people and milk them dry of their meagre pension. I had to have a word to a couple of these when they hounded an elderly lady, great friend of mine in her 80's, she was the closest thing to an Angel on Earth. They never harassed her again after that.

I have to say the one thing I've noticed during the pandemic is a huge decrease in "junk" mail. As for getting things in the mail I used to get a lot of return address stickers. I don't think I've gotten anything recently from any charity at all.

I have to say the one thing I've noticed during the pandemic is a huge decrease in "junk" mail. As for getting things in the mail I used to get a lot of return address stickers. I don't think I've gotten anything recently from any charity at all.
I just throw everything out. I don’t even open stuff I think is junk

Reactions: Benway and ozentity
I miss the good old days of early lockdown when I got no mail at all and I could walk down the middle of a major road with no cars or people, living out every old post apocalyptic novel and movie in real life. It's a bit half arsed now and not much different to normal other than all the fun things being gone. I do get less junk mail, but it's there again. It's just that Domino's send me a full sized menu every month instead of every few days now.
I haven't had much that was odd and never from a charity. The most was an invitation for a glass of champagne and snacks at a furniture store so they could try to sell me stuff I couldn't afford anyway. I like free drink and food, but I'd have had to pay bus fare and it may have been tedious if there was nobody else there heckling, so I stayed home with my girlfriend instead. Still I hope somebody else enjoyed the champagne and got a good joke about furniture in!

Full disclosure...I recommended this question yesterday after getting my mail.

Years ago, I donated to a Catholic charity at my parish, little did I know this would open the flood gate for hundreds of faith based charities to put the bite on me. Most would include inducements of one kind or another....Holy Cards, greeting cards, address labels, religious medals, etc. Yesterday was the weirdest ever.

A foundation devoted to Padre Pio, a Catholic saint of some renown, sent me a pair of Padre Pio socks.
20210322_193210.jpg

• Wow

Years ago, I donated to a Catholic charity at my parish, little did I know this would open the flood gate for hundreds of faith based charities to put the bite on me. Most would include inducements of one kind or another....Holy Cards, greeting cards, address labels, religious medals, etc. Yesterday was the weirdest ever.

A foundation devoted to Padre Pio, a Catholic saint of some renown, sent me a pair of Padre Pio socks.
View attachment 31291
Paint would love those !!

View attachment 31291
I think you win the prize for this question :trophy: