It's Begun...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
The Christmas commercials have begun and Thanksgiving is just around the corner.
The Halloween decor has come down.
WHEN DO YOU DECORATE FOR CHRISTMAS?
BEFORE THANKSGIVING?
THE DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING?
BEGINNING OF DECEMBER?

How much decor do you intend to use this year? Full out? Just a tree? No tree? Lights on the house?
What's the plan?
314670005_8871246499582796_7401689697785493062_n.png

I take it one holiday at a time, after Thanksgiving is the Christmas season for me. I have never really enjoyed decorating because it is one more job to add to the list. Working and being a mom was a lot for me. I admire people who seem to do it all effortlessly. I think if I could have been a stay at home mom, I would have had the energy to really get into decorating. just getting the tree up was a chore I was always relieved to have done. Now that I am older, I enjoy it more, now that I have time and energy. Without kids though, Christmas loses something.

Without kids though, Christmas loses something.
That is how I feel. Christmas was fun when my daughter was small and I could surprise her with presents.

This year I am tempted to get a real tree. It's been so long since I smelled that magical Christmas tree smell! I don't do much decorating anymore, but I do change the wreath on the front door for each season. I have an autumn wreath up now, and maybe after Thanksgiving I will put up the Christmas wreath. I may put lights up but if it's too much work, than I am not sure!

The Christmas commercials have begun and Thanksgiving is just around the corner.
The Halloween decor has come down.
WHEN DO YOU DECORATE FOR CHRISTMAS?
BEFORE THANKSGIVING?
THE DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING?
BEGINNING OF DECEMBER?

How much decor do you intend to use this year? Full out? Just a tree? No tree? Lights on the house?
What's the plan?
View attachment 43782
January or February. I mean, I still have my Halloween avatar on! There is a ying and yang to life and so as the commercial sector tilts ever earlier the Benway sector tilts ever later to maintain balance. I may do Christmas in late February for the sake of all reality. In the meantime, happy Halloween all! WOOOOOOOOO etc.

All Hallows Eve... Christmas Eve... Easter... each of these have Sacred meaning to me... regardless of any symbolism to the general public. I am just now passing through All Hallows Eve. I will transition into the Christmas Eve as Creator/Creation guides me... all that said... I have already spotted my Christmas Tree for this Eve. lol This is the only time of year I take a live Tree. And while it was way fun when the kids were here... the Season remains Sacred long after they have gone. Cr*p people... I STILL dye eggs.