It's all in the name....

my real name is Paul, my screen name is Paul. yeah, when i signed up here i was just too lazy to make up a catchy, creative name, lol, (actually i had not been on a forum for a couple years, but something drew me here and i felt my real name was best to use)
I'm much like you, Paul, except my excuse was pure ignorance of screen names in general. I just figured I was me and ta da!

I'm much like you, Paul, except my excuse was pure ignorance of screen names in general. I just figured I was me and ta da!
yep, i used to use screen names, but since facebook, linked-in and other social media sites, along with all yearbooks and such being online now i fugure why try to be hidden....lol

My screen name comes from the fairytale Snow White and Rose Red. I read it when I was little and it always reminded me of my sister and I. Snow White had blonde hair and blue eyes (my sister does) and Rose Red had dark hair and dark eyes like me.

My real name is Jay. In Swedish that means you are very Lively and quick. Except I'm not. I am a very poor runner. My best friend in college was a Big Ten tail back. He tried to teach me how to run.
No luck.
And I dated a girl that was on a Big Ten track and field team. She tried to teach me how to run.
No luck.
Army.
No Luck.
I'm Slow Jay.

My name is biblical. Most of my family were named after figures in the bible. Originally I was going to be named 'John Sebastian' but that didn't happen. My dad didn't feel the same way about it that my mom did.

I've named all of my pets no matter whether they're furry or not whatever I thought best suited their personality. Username wise, I think this just suits me better than what I had before. Didn't care too much for that one in the end.
It's a similar case with my name. I'm named after a figure either mentioned or alluded to in texts from Islamic, Jewish and Christian faiths, though I know that the name isn't mentioned in the Qur'an explicitly. However, since it's a common name given to boys from my country of origin (and surrounding areas), I doubt most people know its significance. I myself only came to know the story behind it when I inquired about its meaning from a scholar.

In terms of my username, well it is the name of an evil living sword in the Soul Calibur video game series by Namco. I suppose i chose it since it has nothing to do with my real name, it sounded kind of cool and had that supernatural aspect to it.

Benjamin refers to a first born son, which I am, but that's not why I got my name. My paternal grandmother wasn't great at speaking English and had a very strong accent, so my parents picked a name she would be able to say without mangling: Ben! One syllable. Easy.

So of course she always called me 'Bin-yamin'.

My screen name comes from back when I first got online and liked the anonymity, but wanted to hint as to who I really was, so picked a name containing my real name. As for Benway...
(I'm not the guy mentioned at the bottom as the first internet persona*, just a later successor in various places from 2005.)

*I just found this out. And I thought I was picking an original screen name... I didn't realise it was the original screen name!

Donna is Italian for 'Lady' brahahhahahhaaa... 'hiccup' Like Paulm and Debi I choose to use my real name here... well, there was an exact moment when Darcy needed to become Donna here in Debi's House. This is the first place online I have used my real name.

I named one son after Christopher Robin and one after Eric Clapton and Elton John... my youngest is a II after his grandfather.

I also have a Native name and two Sigil names... shhhhh

1. My for realz name is a legacy family name.
2. I don’t know the source for my nickname; whenever I would ask, my family would just smile and change the subject.
3. My avatar name comes from a long past event during which a group of 8 witches and 2 shamans were given unrestricted access to my personal journal. This happened because I felt like my psychic communications and very recently discovered energy manipulation skills were out of control and potentially harmful. I wanted mystical help to understand what was happening to me...and, understand what I am. In the end, the witches said most of my experiences fit into their understanding/practicing of witchcraft and the shamans urged that many of the other experiences were certainly shamanistic. However, when it came to explain ‘’what I am’’ the witches and shamans pointed to each other - neither practitioner group would claim me wholly. Both groups told me that I am as much unlike their own kind as I am like them. So I chose “WitchAndShaman” to represent that partial yet incomplete plurality.
However, when it came to explain ‘’what I am’’ the witches and shamans pointed to each other - neither practitioner group would claim me wholly. Both groups told me that I am as much unlike their own kind as I am like them. So I chose “WitchAndShaman” to represent that partial yet incomplete plurality.
Ain't it! I always said "the Church calls me Witch and The Witch calls me Christian... Umbrella Pagan's just stare at me blankly, new age is not a hunting dog in my world, I never met a Shaman but I met 2 Medicine Men and a Root Doctor... lololol Wiccan though - We Walked together quite well. I have made several lasting friends on that Path.

In terms of my username, well it is the name of an evil living sword in the Soul Calibur video game series by Namco.
Luckily you didn't call yourself Splatterhouse. :) But if you wanted to I wouldn't object.

Attachments

• spllaterh.jpg
    spllaterh.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited: