It don't come easy...

Oh boy......
I won a bunch of bodybuilding championships in the late '80s and early '90s. That's one of those things that you never know how good you are until you lose 50 lb and get ripped. And until that excess body weight gets off , you really never know if you're going to be world class or look like a chump. So you never know where you sit on the genetic Lottery if you were standing on third base or just have a good lead off on first. Looking back I probably had a real good leadoff on second base.
The real giant win is keeping that fat and water off to this day. And the cool thing is I can call up guys that used to be my heroes in the bodybuilding magazines and we just talk about getting older strategies.
So I was lucky enough to catch the Tailwind of the golden era of bodybuilding. The sport was different then and we kind of look normal - or at least accessible -and the drug scene did not get out of hand. And that's when I washed my hands of it. The steroid scene went from very healthy young men taking twice the PDR to 10
X PDR and now it is human growth hormone and insulin. And it's a tough level - everybody gets dead. So that was doubly being at the right place at the right time in history. So the upshot is I got to taste a little bit of the golden age and didn't get sucked in. Otherwise I would be typing this as a ghost
And I'm not saying it was easy but they kept giving me first place trophies every town I went to.

To put it in perspective I sit on 4 lifetime exemptions to compete at the national championship. I know that I'm not going to sully my wins with showing up it'll show that I don't belong in.

My neighbor went to do a show like that and 3rd the old man Mr America. I was really cool about that and I'm sure his wife was very happy.
But yeah I am sitting here looking at two Mr USA's on my mantal piece and that's pretty cool.
Wow, that's impressive Paint. I have a young Filipino mate, my niece's bloke, he's just starting out at 19 and the amount of work he puts in and dedication is unbelievable. He's a top young guy and hope he goes on with it. I also like him as he's recently become a chef and insists cooking when they visit, lol. Poor bloke couldn't eat his work last couple of times over as he was on a strict fat loosing diet. I ate his share, lol.

Plants and animals are my thing. I'm pretty good at gardening and I have some sort of ability to communicate with animals without speaking. I have two recently bought Jersey steers which are pets, grass eaters and I just have to look at them to move them to different paddocks, I don't know how this works. At first I panicked as I've never had cattle and they played up but now they are cool as. Their names are Tom and Jerry, at first I named them Sir Loin and Mr T-Bone, lol.
I LOVE those names... that this is your choice is the very reason you have the Ability to speak to these Ones.

I LOVE those names... that this is your choice is the very reason you have the Ability to speak to these Ones.
It doesn't seem to work when other people are around, sort of like Mr Ed, lol. Seriously, I need to tune in by myself with the animals.

Reactions: Lynne and Selectric