Is Vinegar good for repelling ghosts

I found that to be a highly interesting and informative read. I enjoy learning about old traditions and beliefs. BTW, I use something called Thieve's Oil, which may have been derived from this belief system. I don't use it for ghosts, but I do put some into a diffuser to clean the air during flu season. I also spritz some on my mask before leaving the house.
I like the spritz-on-the-mask idea for thieves oil!!

Reactions: Black Cloud
My 2 cents. Yes certain smells interfere with the apparitions ability to manifest it seems. Sage is one, Ive heard that vinegar is another but havent washed anything with it in a long time but I do remember Granny washing things with it. Vinegar is similar to urine in its acidity . Why do animals scent their territory with urine? Well because it smells like them . Its also a way of saying hey this is mine and if you cross this boundary you will have to deal with whatever is using the potty here. I hope you are getting what I am saying. There is a little tom cat that frequents my back yard and looks in my windows, always leaving a mark for my male cats to get all crazy about.
Yes something similar happened back in high school when I started dating a guy who hadn't completely broken up with his previous girlfriend. I had to hose down the yard frequently for a few months
:)

Walking Goose...I love the name Walking Goose

Last edited:
Thank you jadamz ! I have a goose living in my pond that has a broken wing. Last winter I fed him cracked corn and he has stayed. The poor little guy/girl ? has decided he likes me and my buffet. His wing grew back but it still isnt looking normal so I watch him walk everywhere and think I never knew a goose was so smart or even lovable until the creature found us. His name is Rudy . If it is a girl it is Rudenia I guess. The little goose has evaded foxes, and coyotes and the other animals that eat them. He is awesome IMO.

Intention is the bigger part.
Subtly stated as intention is everything. Ritual helps to focus, refine, and repeat intention; ritual or tools on their own have a materially minor influence...in my humble opinion.