Is there someone other than us in our house?

Maya

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum... So before I tell you what happened, I'd like to give you a few details about myself, for context.

When I was young, I mean ever since I was born until my early twenties, I was very much aware of, well however you like to call it, other realms/dimensions. I dreamed of the dead (they came to visit me in my dreams), had premonitions both in dreams and while awake. I still get them, but they are few and far between. They were especially strong before and after my mother's death. The last thing she told me in one of these dreams was that she and I will talk again but in real life not in dreams and that I'll be ready.

When I was a kid during a seance we organized (for fun) at a birthday, someone wanted to talk to me and it turned it was my aunt. What she had talked to me about at that time has only recently started happening. I never gave it much thought.

A few years after, there was a new trend in my neighborhood (I come for a country were all of this is not unusual an where people go to astrologists, tarot readers etc.) and I learned how to talk to my guardian angel, and I did it a few times. (at least we thought we were talking to our angels). Whoever they were, even though the experience itself was exhausting, they were positive and helpful.

I'm an astrology buff, but that's about it. I have never ever had any experience with strange noises, things moving...

A week ago my husband and I bought a house, actually a 300 year old farm in France. We've had access to this house for months now, because we know the owner well, and have done some repairing, preparing for winter... and nothing had ever happened.

A few days after the Halloween, when we signed the deed, while my husband's family was visiting (and having a great time) there was knocking on the front door, three rhythmic knocks and EVERYBODY heard it. I got up to open the door, thinking it was my husband who had gone to finish a few chores and there was no one. Some strange looks were exchanged. We all had heard it so it was really weird. Someone said it must had been the wind. But we all knew that it wasn't the case. But I guess no one wanted to discuss the alternative.

Some time after, there was again a knock on the front door and at that point my husband's aunt said "Now, that's him", even though the knock was exactly the same as the first time - three rhythmic knocks. I got up opened the door and again there was no one when I looked around. Anyway, there's no place to hide if you want to make that kind of a prank.

Now, at that point people were starting to get uncomfortable. And when we were joined by some neighbors, this was what we talked about. When my husband came and heard the story, he laughed and said that it had been him. Everybody was relieved, because again, nobody wanted to consider the alternative.

Fast-forward to after dinner. My husband told me, when we were alone, that he lied to calm everybody down, that he would never do a thing like that and that he thought it was a stupid prank anyhow.
And truth be told, he's not the type. He has never done anything remotely similar. and most importantly, he would never lie to me.

After that, nothing happened.
Our cat behaved as usual. There was no strange energies. I didn't feel anything and I didn't dream about anything remotely connected to this.

So I guess I'm here to discuss the alternative...

I didn't want to talk about it much while we were there, my rational was that I didn't want to give it more attention. But I would very much like to hear your thoughts. Are there any questions I should be asking? Is there anything I should or shouldn't be doing?

The place itself has a positive vibe and we have a water source and a pond on the property.

Thank you!

73673E87-79B7-439A-AD7C-659E204761AA.jpeg
Hi and welcome to the forum. First off if a 300 year old farmhouse was not haunted I’d be surprised. I think you are right in not giving it attention except if you want it removed. Then you will have to claim your space by stating out loud to the air that this is your house now. You can smudge with Palo Santo Wood or sage and after bless your home openings with holy water. If it becomes bothersome pray the St Michaels prayer. Keep us updated.

Hi Maya, and welcome! What Lynne told you is a good place to start. If the knocks are all you are experiencing, I would approach this slowly with what she has suggested. If you don't feel threatened, it could simply be someone trying to let you know they are there. I would let them know this is now your home, and that you do not give permission to them to scare or otherwise intrude on anyone in your family. If things change and more begins to happen, do let us know and we'll be glad to guide you with further measures to take.

Thank you so much for your replies!
I feel better already knowing that I'm not alone in this.
I'm taking your advice seriously and I will do as you propose.
The patron saint of my husband's family is St Michael and we have in our apartment an icon of his. I think we'll move it to this house, at some point.

I'm glad you think that for now it's still benign. I'll keep you posted.

Btw, when I mentioned that when I was a kid I was contacted during a seance by my late aunt and that what she had told me started to happen. In not so many words she told me to find a house on the hill with water and then she said (wrote to be clear, we used letters to communicate) just one word - Ararat. At the time I thought that she was referring to some kind of natural disaster. But it dawned on me as soon as I posted this yesterday that the name of our farm contains word Ararat! I haven't thought of this before. I called my two good childhood friends who were present at the seance (one of them was the birthday girl) and we chatted for a while, I didn't want to make big deal so I didn't ask them directly. However when I mentioned the good old days an this birthday party they both remembered someone asked to speak to me, that it was my aunt and one of them remembered the word Ararat.

Thank you again!

First, I can only imagine how cool it would be to move into a 300 year old house. If those walls could talk.............

I hope that you and your family find peace in your new place.

Reactions: Lynne
Thank you so much for your replies!
I feel better already knowing that I'm not alone in this.
I'm taking your advice seriously and I will do as you propose.
The patron saint of my husband's family is St Michael and we have in our apartment an icon of his. I think we'll move it to this house, at some point.

I'm glad you think that for now it's still benign. I'll keep you posted.

Btw, when I mentioned that when I was a kid I was contacted during a seance by my late aunt and that what she had told me started to happen. In not so many words she told me to find a house on the hill with water and then she said (wrote to be clear, we used letters to communicate) just one word - Ararat. At the time I thought that she was referring to some kind of natural disaster. But it dawned on me as soon as I posted this yesterday that the name of our farm contains word Ararat! I haven't thought of this before. I called my two good childhood friends who were present at the seance (one of them was the birthday girl) and we chatted for a while, I didn't want to make big deal so I didn't ask them directly. However when I mentioned the good old days an this birthday party they both remembered someone asked to speak to me, that it was my aunt and one of them remembered the word Ararat.

Thank you again!
It’s probably nothing but Mt Ararat, is in Turkey. It is where Noah’s Ark landed according to the Bible.