Is there anything new?

As a weekend question, I ask you this:

After all the years of Coast, Art Bell, many podcasts and radio shows of the paranormal, is there anything new that we've learned in all these years about the paranormal? Have we found any answers? Or just more questions?

What do you think?
I don't think there will ever be an answer presented in a way that will satisfy this question. I think answers have been presented but those that asked and received quietly slipped away without feeling the need to let the rest of us know what knowledge they acquired.

There will never be an evening newscast (do those still exist) where anything paranormal will ever be explained.

I have had experiences. I presented one to the forum here. Thing about an event that one experiences is that it's VERY personal to the person it happened to but those that hear the story or read about it.............. they don't really get it. So if ever it happens that I get some insight as to what I experienced and what the manifestation was all about........ I may just slip quietly into the darkness with my revelation and simply quit showing up here.

Questions have been answered. I feel sure of it. But people move on once the mystery is revealed.

"...I have had experiences. I presented one to the forum here. Thing about an event that one experiences is that it's VERY personal to the person it happened to but those that hear the story or read about it.............. they don't really get it. So if ever it happens that I get some insight as to what I experienced and what the manifestation was all about........ I may just slip quietly into the darkness with my revelation and simply quit showing up here..."

Exactly PratchysRevenge, those who know based on personal firsthand experiences of 1 of 2, or a lifetime, are permanently changed by what they've experienced, seen, felt and learned from it. And as you correctly said, 'others don't really get it' and eventually those with more direct firsthand experiences and knowledge based on those experiences have to leave. We disappear, we go quiet (well some of us!) we continue learning, experiencing and changing because of it but we're not willing to be misunderstood by those who don't. I am one of those who left a very long time ago. I'm here now only because I'm supposed to for the moment.

Okay, I keep censoring myself so I'll just end this here, but thanks for your honesty about this P.R. and for getting it. :<3

"...I have had experiences. I presented one to the forum here. Thing about an event that one experiences is that it's VERY personal to the person it happened to but those that hear the story or read about it.............. they don't really get it. So if ever it happens that I get some insight as to what I experienced and what the manifestation was all about........ I may just slip quietly into the darkness with my revelation and simply quit showing up here..."

Exactly PratchysRevenge, those who know based on personal firsthand experiences of 1 of 2, or a lifetime, are permanently changed by what they've experienced, seen, felt and learned from it. And as you correctly said, 'others don't really get it' and eventually those with more direct firsthand experiences and knowledge based on those experiences have to leave. We disappear, we go quiet (well some of us!) we continue learning, experiencing and changing because of it but we're not willing to be misunderstood by those who don't. I am one of those who left a very long time ago. I'm here now only because I'm supposed to for the moment.

Okay, I keep censoring myself so I'll just end this here, but thanks for your honesty about this P.R. and for getting it. :<3

Lapis,

I wanted to just tell you that I agree about the personal nature of many experiences.

Sometimes they are so intimate that you can't share the event without blushing. Other times, the objects and the actions are only meaningful within the context of your own life so it's difficult to put that meaning into perspective to someone else. And then we have the "What the flip just happened?" kind where you can't even start to find any words to describe it someone else.

If you run across any of my PNF posts, you'll see literal evidence of someone using way more descriptive words than should really be necessary.

As I am reading these posts, for some reason, this song is playing in my head. It could be my brother is near. He always liked Chicago.

A great band for sure. I saw them In concert a few times. Always a good show. I think when our gut tells us that our loved ones are with us we should believe it.