Is there anything new?

I'm with Noble House. Human nature has never changed. But our perceptions of the world are socialized by the unique time and place where we live.
I think this is well Illustrated in a book that every UFO buff should own. "Wonders in the Sky - Unexplained Ariel objects from Antiquity to Modern Times." By Jacques Vallee & Chris Aubeck.
People interested in cryptozoology should really subscribe to National Geographic magazine. They often have articles about newly discovered species or species long thought extinct. The granddaddy of them all was when that Malaysian airliner crashed in the Indian Ocean. Those deepwater subs photographed sea creatures that we otherwise would not know of, unless we had the means and a reason to go down there.

Add on thought.
Ghosts. Throughout time and place, everyone knows that these are dead people. There was an American psychologist in the late 1800s named William James. He explored the phenomenon and I thought he had the most classic line ," They live just beyond the flimsiest of screens."
From, " The Variety of Religious Experiences."
And speaking of ghosts and contacting the dead, and using modern technology, Thomas Edison's original intent with inventing the phonograph was to record messages from the dead. Holy EVPs, Batman !

I am of the opinion that there is NOTHING new, and never has been. Paranormal experiences have been happening basically from the beginning of humankind.

What is new is the speed and flow of information from those that are having experiences. TV, the Internet have opened up the possibilities. Also, more and more people are not afraid of being labeled "crazy", and are willing to share their personal experiences.

Luckily, our forum is a SAFE forum to share and help others understand!
I agree Noble . Nothing new under the sun.

Reactions: NobleHouse
My theory is that we will never get answers because we've created this 'solid' reality we think we live in and, as someone else said here, we can't ask the right question's or if we luck into one, can't accept the answer... because it doesn't fit even the most open of our boxes. As long as we think/believe that our reality is a solid we are stuck behind the walls. Reality is a 'concept'. An idea. It's like humanity (this humanity on earth at this time) as a whole, is so Spiritually constipated that they just stopped Walking The Wheel. Which not only lead's to our Spiritual stagnation, but screws up every Being behind us. I could go on and on about this subject, but I'll leave my ranting for another day.

My theory is that we will never get answers because we've created this 'solid' reality we think we live in and, as someone else said here, we can't ask the right question's or if we luck into one, can't accept the answer... because it doesn't fit even the most open of our boxes. As long as we think/believe that our reality is a solid we are stuck behind the walls. Reality is a 'concept'. An idea. It's like humanity (this humanity on earth at this time) as a whole, is so Spiritually constipated that they just stopped Walking The Wheel. Which not only lead's to our Spiritual stagnation, but screws up every Being behind us. I could go on and on about this subject, but I'll leave my ranting for another day.

I hope to be one of the first to welcome you to the PNF Darcy. Given its morning, there are likely to be many more warm welcomes coming your way in just a few hours.

I like your position on the question posed by this thread. Upon reading it, I was reminded that one of my own tenets regarding some organized religions - I can speak of this relevant to Christianity because I was Catholic and later Episcopalian for many years - is how much they emphasis the Earthly versus Heavenly. Seems to me that an institution like that - and others similar to it - make it clear, hence reinforcing it yet again, that we live on the physical mundane Earthly Plane. And, that the ethereal Heavenly Plane is a different existence which those of us here (in this Box) cannot experience. Also, that the rules of that Heavenly Plane are unimaginable to those in this Box.

Reactions: Debi
One more diatribe about a thought which is surely not uniquely my own.

I think that we as individuals and collectively “create” our world. By that I mean that I believe our physical world is constructed out of our own thoughts and beliefs.

I suspect that individually and collectively the Politically Powerful and the Religiously Powerful institutions intentionally work for their good to keep us all grounded within the mundane world. Loss of control is a key reason why institutions cannot allow evidence of the paranormal/mystical to be realized.

[I feel like I posted that after bing watching the Matrix trilogy...]

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
As a weekend question, I ask you this:

After all the years of Coast, Art Bell, many podcasts and radio shows of the paranormal, is there anything new that we've learned in all these years about the paranormal? Have we found any answers? Or just more questions?

What do you think?

From my perspective (and age) the question I think should be or certainly include, WHY has the "paranormal" and "supernatural" etc. been increasing dramatically over the past 40+ years? WHY has it entered mainstream culture and media like never before? Is human consciousness being evolved and expanded now beyond the narrow limitations and controls that have been the norm for a very long time? Short answer, yes and much more and isn't it great! :grinning:

Reactions: Paintman

After all the years of Coast, Art Bell, many podcasts and radio shows of the paranormal, is there anything new that we've learned in all these years about the paranormal? Have we found any answers? Or just more questions?

What do you think?
I don't think we've reached a critical mass of population yet, but I do think we're inching closer, and - somewhat ironically - I think science will provide the push that we'll need, probably within my lifetime. The internet has allowed such a compilation and exchange of information, even despite the false information and outright trolling, that the key points of awareness and curiosity are climbing rapidly. When science gets serious about mapping and codifying dimensions, I think we'll see a bloom of knowledge about the human soul and non-corporeal entities.

I also predict that virtually nothing we learn will be the same as how we view it now. At this point, I believe we're no further than [ether/spontaneous generation/steady state/caloric fluid] in terms of what we think we know about the paranormal. While we can fashion ideas and theories that fit our limited observations, we'll get a much better way of observing, measuring, and learning that will allow us afar better understanding of what's out there.

Just MHO, of course.

/If it does happen in my lifetime, you'll be able to hear my "I told you so" from just about anywhere on the planet.

From my perspective (and age) the question I think should be or certainly include, WHY has the "paranormal" and "supernatural" etc. been increasing dramatically over the past 40+ years? WHY has it entered mainstream culture and media like never before?
Information sharing, actually. When my wife's father was born (1929), you had to be wealthy enough and live in a densely enough populated are to have access to information outside your local area [radio]. I'm now about the same age as when he sired my wife (late 40s) and I can find out about small doing of isolated villages on the opposite side of the world - on a whim.

But, also to your point, humans are far more interesting since we dropped the first atomic weapon than we have been since the western Roman empire fell some 1600 years ago. It draws a lot of attention.

What do you think?
you'd think that art bell would make his ghostly presence known which would answer a lot of questions.