Is there anything new?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
As a weekend question, I ask you this:

After all the years of Coast, Art Bell, many podcasts and radio shows of the paranormal, is there anything new that we've learned in all these years about the paranormal? Have we found any answers? Or just more questions?

What do you think?

Reactions: Benway
Debi you must be reading my mind today. I’ve been continplating this all day. I think we may be getting closer to communicating with the dead through various tech devices. However we still really don’t know who we’re talking to or what the other side is. There’s belief and then there’s proof.

I think we are finding artifacts that may change our view on the past.

However, for me it’s mostly the rehash of the same old theories for the most part. I don’t know that we’ve gotten any new answers. Am I just in a mood? Frankly it gets a bit boring at times.

Reactions: Benway
Debi you must be reading my mind today. I’ve been continplating this all day. I think we may be getting closer to communicating with the dead through various tech devices. However we still really don’t know who we’re talking to or what the other side is. There’s belief and then there’s proof.

I think we are finding artifacts that may change our view on the past.

However, for me it’s mostly the rehash of the same old theories for the most part. I don’t know that we’ve gotten any new answers. Am I just in a mood? Frankly it gets a bit boring at times.
I am looking at this as well. What is it we truly know? I think we need to start asking different questions! Seriously. Everybody is about proving it's real. Now, we know it is, but WHAT is it? That is now the new question and should be the focus.

Reactions: Benway and Lynne
After watching probably every ghost hunting , paranormal, bigfoot show ever made, and reading just about as many encounters, I see that everyone still has their own ideas and theories. No system has become a positive, the paranormal community is still very loose and separate as far as ideas and beliefs. Sure, everyone watches each other and may unite for a short time but the inner bickering and jeolosy / competition or whatever seems to prevent any real growth...... There just dousnt seem to be the sharing of or accepting the ideas with one another in a way that anything can truly be built from it..........and then you have the hoaxes and false claims by ppl trying to get their 15 minutes of fame.. Makes it even harder to know what may be learned.
So at this stage I think we are still acquiring more questions than answers.

As I am reading these posts, for some reason, this song is playing in my head. It could be my brother is near. He always liked Chicago.

I think we've gotten some answers.. but most are not new ones, tbh. + yeah, the endless questions far outweigh the fairly conclusive answers. having more questions isn't a particularly bad thing at all.. but can it get monotonous some when that's the case? no doubt. not to mention folks having differing reasons/beliefs as to why they reach a certain conclusion, just as Paulm said. and like Lynn said.. there's belief and then there's proof. which can cause division or strife, even doubt, in the paranormal community. the good thing is the scope of all things paranormal is so broad and vast etc. *as endless as our questions we have lol, so things can stay fresh when we keep making the effort to search n seek for new info and I guess.. have that elusive smoking gun evidence captured. be it in whatever form it comes in.. as I do include personal testimonials/encounters etc in this bag too.

Last edited:
I am looking at this as well. What is it we truly know? I think we need to start asking different questions! Seriously. Everybody is about proving it's real. Now, we know it is, but WHAT is it? That is now the new question and should be the focus.

It reminds me of the question about medicine. What have we truly found a cure for? Lets see, there's polio March 26,1953 and.....?

It reminds me of the question about medicine. What have we truly found a cure for? Lets see, there's polio March 26,1953 and.....?
Nobody gets out alive ....so far

Reactions: Debi
Nobody gets out alive ....so far
LOL Point well made.

I've been looking at the new books being written now by guests on the shows. I'm taking a look at whether they are simply rehashing or presenting new thoughts and ideas. Has anyone heard any new guests with new stuff lately? The ONE I've heard has been Dean Radin. Justin has him as a guest coming up shortly.

Anyone else seeing any new offerings out there?

I am of the opinion that there is NOTHING new, and never has been. Paranormal experiences have been happening basically from the beginning of humankind.

What is new is the speed and flow of information from those that are having experiences. TV, the Internet have opened up the possibilities. Also, more and more people are not afraid of being labeled "crazy", and are willing to share their personal experiences.

Luckily, our forum is a SAFE forum to share and help others understand!