Is the Universe Conscious?

Yes Paulm,
That sense of "I Exist" that emerges from the all-pervading consciousness, must have been the first, primal ego.
Still, at that stage, it would have been pure and, unpolluted, with the power to draw all of existence into one single point.

Ego, is the driving force behind curiosity, without which, we'd have no interest in personal development or the expansion of consciousness.
Looking deeper, we see that the job of the ego is to compare things, one with the other. Without which, we wouldn't be able to make safe, life-preserving choices.

Looking deeper still, we see that the whole of creation is an action of consciousness or spirit, evolving through the different levels of existence, by the gradual process of spirit turning into matter. Hense, the universe could very well be conscious, as you say, words would never describe it.

Yes, I know, if you'd wanted a lecture, you'd have asked for one, lol
Sorry about that, xx

Reactions: Paulm
but in order for it to be conscious it has to be aware of its own existence..(by the most simple definition of consciousness...in this situation)....
and if you add the "I EXIST" into the equation you have now introduced "EGO" which nullifies all practices to return to the source, we are all one, blah blah blah....not saying its not so, just saying that if this is the case then there are gonna be a lot of disappointed ppl....lol. and this would re write a lot of beliefs of simpleness....letting go kinda stuff.
just rambling here, gonna stop now.

edited to add... not saying the universe isn't conscious, just saying we may not be able to understand the full concept of the workings of life the way we think we can...... and we deffinately cannot describe it in mere words.
Good points Paul. I just have faith in god to work out this life and I hope to get the answers to the big questions after death. The universe may be conscious and if so I believe it is the mind of god holding everything tog. But this is a personal faith.

Reactions: Paulm
efore manifestation of this physical universe, that which did exist might well have been simply pure consciousness, at which stage, not even conscious of its own existence.
Now it's not too difficult to imagine, at some point, a sense of "I exist" emerging out of the all-pervading consciousness.
This self-awareness would have caused the consciousness to pull itself together, concentrate into one single point.

but in order for it to be conscious it has to be aware of its own existence..(by the most simple definition of consciousness...in this situation)....
and if you add the "I EXIST" into the equation you have now introduced "EGO" which nullifies all practices to return to the source, we are all one, blah blah blah....not saying its not so, just saying that if this is the case then there are gonna be a lot of disappointed ppl....lol. and this would re write a lot of beliefs of simpleness....letting go kinda stuff.

looking deeper still, we see that the whole of creation is an action of consciousness or spirit, evolving through the different levels of existence, by the gradual process of spirit turning into matter. Hense, the universe could very well be conscious, as you say, words would never describe it.

The universe may be conscious and if so I believe it is the mind of god holding everything tog. But this is a personal faith.

After reading through this thread a few times I thought I'd share a... hmmm...''view' here that seems to touch on most of the entry's. I hesitated for awhile because inevitably there will be questions. But, I thought, what the heck... let's throw it in the ring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excerpt from . . .

The Creator Created All. Emanated All. Giving each Creation a Form within which Creator/Creation/Emanation resides. And a House within which each Form resides.

These Forms create/constitute Being. A Being.

The Form within which Emanation resides allows Emanation to know itself… become self-aware as a Unique/Individual facet within infinite facets of Emanation. Being. The House in which Form resides allows Form to know itself... become self-aware as a Unique/Individual facet within infinite facets of Form. Being.

The House does not preclude Form. Emanation defines Form defines House. House equals ‘State of Being’.

The Creator is Creation. The Alpha and Omega. There was no beginning there is no ending. Emanation of The Creator Was/Is/Will Be.

By this Emanation was the Void established. Void is neither a State of Being nor a Creation. Void is the Second Face of Emanation.

Void is not equal to nothing. Nothing has never existed, cannot exist, in any State.

What is being said here is this. Emanation, which IS The Creator -- Emanation of Creator breathes Creation and this Breath has no beginning, no ending. Always. Uncountable. Infinite. Breaths. Uncountable, Infinite Creations, Uncountable, Infinite, Unique. Each Creation is unique… Each Form is unique.

Each Emanation is One with The Creator yet separate and unique. In order for Creator to know itself, Creator Breathed Emanation breathed ... Coalescing Energy/Emanation/Breath… Encoding and allowing Form.

In this way Emanation shared/remained One/ness with The Creator/Creation while also decoding what had been encoded, to understand/know self… as a separate Form/Being. Infinite Forms. Infinite Beings.

In the same way Emanation coalesced and encoded then decoded to know self. Form coalesced and encoded then decoded to form State of Being.

There is no why because there is no question. This is ‘God-Formula’ and IS because it IS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have fun.

Excerpt from . . .
Hey, Darcy. I've read that carefully and can agree with most of it, but you say it's an excerpt? Excerpt from??? Shed a bit of light on the source if you would please? Thanks. :)

Hey, Darcy. I've read that carefully and can agree with most of it, but you say it's an excerpt? Excerpt from??? Shed a bit of light on the source if you would please? Thanks. :)

Okayyyy.

This is an excerpt from a conversation with the Wise Man I often speak of, that started on a different subject. I was trying to understand what was going on around me and asked a particular question about the 'who, how, and why'. Mostly IF I am given answers... they are short, to the closest point, and dumbed down to a level that I might comprehend the concept if not the entirety. I don't take this personally. The point being, I am suppose to have Faith/Remember that I am Protected. Without that Faith I am saying ... I don't believe. That can really screw things up.

However, in this circumstance I was unable to conquer the fear. The fear was becoming overwhelming... so the nagging began. The simple explanation I was given didn't get it. From that explanation came a hundred more questions. Like a child... but why? Each why led to another why.... if you See. I guess in the end, this except (part of the conversation) was meant to acknowledge, challenge, and dispel the fear once and for all. After all, He is a Wise Man with many Wise Man duties to attend to besides soothing one child's fears...

So, He spoke The True answer that all my questions revolved around. " Fear not for I am with you." "And here is why that will never change."

He Spoke. I listened. And was comforted.

This excerpt is part of a transcribed record of a bigger conversation.

When I read through this thread it reminded me of that conversation. The specific's of all the who's, what's, and why's, of God and His infinite Creation's are not within our understanding. It is God Formula. As are We.

Hi. If Darcy can quote old Scottish sayings can anyone respond to the extremely reduced media expression from TV and movies that the world exists because of love?

Okayyyy.

This is an excerpt from a conversation with the Wise Man I often speak of, that started on a different subject. I was trying to understand what was going on around me and asked a particular question about the 'who, how, and why'. Mostly IF I am given answers... they are short, to the closest point, and dumbed down to a level that I might comprehend the concept if not the entirety. I don't take this personally. The point being, I am suppose to have Faith/Remember that I am Protected. Without that Faith I am saying ... I don't believe. That can really screw things up.

However, in this circumstance I was unable to conquer the fear. The fear was becoming overwhelming... so the nagging began. The simple explanation I was given didn't get it. From that explanation came a hundred more questions. Like a child... but why? Each why led to another why.... if you See. I guess in the end, this except (part of the conversation) was meant to acknowledge, challenge, and dispel the fear once and for all. After all, He is a Wise Man with many Wise Man duties to attend to besides soothing one child's fears...

So, He spoke The True answer that all my questions revolved around. " Fear not for I am with you." "And here is why that will never change."

He Spoke. I listened. And was comforted.

This excerpt is part of a transcribed record of a bigger conversation.

When I read through this thread it reminded me of that conversation. The specific's of all the who's, what's, and why's, of God and His infinite Creation's are not within our understanding. It is God Formula. As are We.
Darcy your writing flows beautifully however it is very hard to understand. You approach the subject from a position of knowledge that the readers do not share. Please do not take this as a criticism, it’s just that I think your wisdom is being lost on us because we do not share the same perspective. Maybe you can simplify it for those who do not have the same teachings.

What if the universe as we witness it is the insides of a God? We are floating around as something akin to blood cells in a celestial being.

Darcy your writing flows beautifully however it is very hard to understand. You approach the subject from a position of knowledge that the readers do not share. Please do not take this as a criticism, it’s just that I think your wisdom is being lost on us because we do not share the same perspective. Maybe you can simplify it for those who do not have the same teachings.

Please don't think that I assume I have any more knowledge then any one else. I don't and I don't. I learn from every one I meet and all different thoughts and opinions. True that.

But, point well taken. I actually threw this out as something to just think on which is I why I said 'have fun'. Basically, I believe the Universe must be Conscious because We are Conscious. Orrrrrr.

What if the universe as we witness it is the insides of a God? We are floating around as something akin to blood cells in a celestial being.

What he said.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi