Is that a carrot?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

What is the one ingredient that will ruin a dish for you?

(I have seen my children pick out carrots from a pot pie...sigh)

when-youre-ordering-food-and-forget-to-remove-that-ingredient-27218584.png

When you are cooking for a family of 5, one soon becomes aware of the "food list." Trying to work within the confines of acceptable offerings often requires skill and patience...beyond that which I possess. I have seen a child sit at a table with one brussels sprout before him for two hours refusing to even try it. I have watched another child hunt through every bit of a meal not knowing there was a small bit of onion in it and enjoy the meal, until they suddenly "saw" a tidbit of it, at which point there was choking and gagging.

I have the list memorized and have added a thing or two of my own to it, like Spam. ;vo

When you are cooking for a family of 5, one soon becomes aware of the "food list." Trying to work within the confines of acceptable offerings often requires skill and patience...beyond that which I possess. I have seen a child sit at a table with one brussels sprout before him for two hours refusing to even try it. I have watched another child hunt through every bit of a meal not knowing there was a small bit of onion in it and enjoy the meal, until they suddenly "saw" a tidbit of it, at which point there was choking and gagging.

I have the list memorized and have added a thing or two of my own to it, like Spam. ;vo
Yummy Spam!!!!!!! ;bg2

Coincidentally it actually is carrots for me. Although to be fair it's almost any root vegetable;carrots, parsnips, radishes. Although I do like beets.

The other big one is coconut. There are lots of wonderful sounding dishes at the local Thai restaurant until I get to the part where it's all cooked in a coconut broth, so it's not something that can be picked out or put on the side.