Is Lucid Dreaming real?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Is 'Lucid Dreaming' Real?

Reality has plenty of exit-hatches: strong drugs, streamed television, certain corners of social media. But the most immersive reality-dissolver might be lucid dreaming, wherein the dreamer recognizes they’re dreaming and proceeds to reshape their dreamscape per their own specifications. A slight disreputableness clings to the phenomenon—it sounds like a schoolyard fiction, the kind of thing a kid would make up to impress his friends. But there are thousands who claim to experience them regularly, and countless guides online purporting to teach you how to achieve them. So is lucid dreaming real? And—if it is—what’s the science behind it? To find out, for this week’s Giz Asks we reached out to a number of experts in the interrelated fields of sleeping and dreaming.

Full story at site and an interesting read.

i have to disagree with what the author said about studying notes before sleeping as being a good idea; when I do anything like that right before sleeping, it is hard to quiet my mind for sleep. As for lucid dreaming, I do that frequently. I never though of it as something that was doubted by others; I thought it was something people did all of the time. :astonished:

i have to disagree with what the author said about studying notes before sleeping as being a good idea; when I do anything like that right before sleeping, it is hard to quiet my mind for sleep. As for lucid dreaming, I do that frequently. I never though of it as something that was doubted by others; I thought it was something people did all of the time. :astonished:
Garnet, I thought everybody saw and felt things in the psychic senses like I did until my dad informed me at about age 8 they didn't! What is a "normal" thing for some of us is not necessarily normal for all. Boy, was I surprised...lol

Garnet, I thought everybody saw and felt things in the psychic senses like I did until my dad informed me at about age 8 they didn't! What is a "normal" thing for some of us is not necessarily normal for all. Boy, was I surprised...lol
Yes, I am learning so much since I joined this house! You were lucky to learn at age 8, I am just coming around to it now.:blush:

Is 'Lucid Dreaming' Real?

Reality has plenty of exit-hatches: strong drugs, streamed television, certain corners of social media. But the most immersive reality-dissolver might be lucid dreaming, wherein the dreamer recognizes they’re dreaming and proceeds to reshape their dreamscape per their own specifications. A slight disreputableness clings to the phenomenon—it sounds like a schoolyard fiction, the kind of thing a kid would make up to impress his friends. But there are thousands who claim to experience them regularly, and countless guides online purporting to teach you how to achieve them. So is lucid dreaming real? And—if it is—what’s the science behind it? To find out, for this week’s Giz Asks we reached out to a number of experts in the interrelated fields of sleeping and dreaming.

Full story at site and an interesting read.
Anyone who wants the Science and Facts of dreaming should probably listen to interviews (or read books by) with Bob Hoss. He's the foremost leading dream researcher/expert.

Reactions: Lynne
Anyone who wants the Science and Facts of dreaming should probably listen to interviews (or read books by) with Bob Hoss. He's the foremost leading dream researcher/expert.
We recently listened to your interview with him here. ;)

Reactions: Paulm and Lynne
Yes, I am learning so much since I joined this house! You were lucky to learn at age 8, I am just coming around to it now.:blush:
Oh I hear you. I would experience something paranormal as a very young child and here I am at age 53 and have collected a couple dozen stories of (long past ) relatives that experienced similar things. It was old hat ...on one side of the family. There is Comfort there. And then there was a bunch of paranormal stuff that I experienced that I didn't have any family lore to fall back on. Found fellow travelers here. There is Comfort here.

I do have my own opinions about how a lucid dream is defined ; for me, and my merry band of dream actors and archetypes.;)

I wonder if sometimes we are actually out of body on the astral plane or if our consciousness is communicating there. We are going beyond Lucid dreaming, where we are conscious, and talking to our own brain to communication beyond the veil.

Reactions: Paintman and Paulm
To help answer Lynne 's question how many of you regular lucid dreamers see yourself in third person ?

Reactions: Paulm
To help answer Lynne 's question how many of you regular lucid dreamers see yourself in third person ?
from my experience with lucid dreams, they can be both, switching back and forth within the same dream, you can see yourself in third person at times and then be in first player mode also.... but for me when im in control or navigating the outcome I am almost always in first person view..... it seems the dream usually starts as normal and may be 3rd person, but changes as I realize the dream state and take control......hope that makes sense and helps.