Is it me or Memorex?

jadamz

the Countess
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
Is there another YOU out there? Physicists claim parallel universes are REAL

This isn’t science fiction, but a genuine theory supported by some of the world’s greatest physicists.

The “many-worlds interpretation” was first proposed by American physicist Hugh Everett in 1957.

Initially ignored, the idea was later popularised by theoretical physicist Bryce Seligman DeWitt a decade later.

Physicist and cosmologist Max Tegmark told New Scientist knowing about the multiverse gives him an entirely differently perspective on his life.

Reactions: Donna K. and TonyM
Just about any situation you can imagine is happening or happened in another universe, scary.

Here's one for everyone to ponder...

I have had 3 missing time incidents throughout my life (that I remember), one pretty significant that involved several hours and still haunts me. So I know and understand that they are 'missing time' episodes. I know the parameters so to speak.

So. In 1987 and within a couple of months of each other, there were two incidents that weren't that. The first - my two children (7 and 5) and I decided to take a walk in the wood's behind the cabin on a especially pretty day. We packed water and lunches and I told them we'd hike awhile and then have a picnic. There is a creek that run's through the property and this day it was bubbling and had cool little waterfalls and we decided to follow the creek and explore and that's what we did. Now, the creek flows at the bottom of a narrow ravine with steep hills on either side. We walked and played and explored for quite a while and then decided we were hungry. I told my oldest boy to hike up the hill and try to pinpoint where we were because it was getting toward late afternoon (logically) and I wanted to get back to the cabin before dusk. So he does. In a few minutes he came back and I asked if he could somewhat tell how far we'd gone (we were used to the woods) and he said yeah, we're just below the spring box. I gave him the 'mom' look and said something like 'no really now' and he said I'm telling you we're right below the spring box. That's impossible Chris. Okay mom I'm just saying. So up the hill we all go.. And yes. We were right below the spring box. That spring box sits no more than 50 yds behind the cabin. We had spent an enjoyable afternoon following that creek westward and gone no further than the spring box.

So that was weird enough..

Not long after, my husband went to repair the water line that ran from the actual spring... which is about a 20-25 minute hike uphill if you are in good shape. The line ran on top of the ground and squirrels loved to chew on it and all of a sudden you had no water. So, that was the case this day. He gathered up black pipe and connector's and tools he'd need and off he went. I was waiting to wash dishes when he left and was standing at the kitchen sink just kind of musing. The window over the sink looks out on the woods in the same direction he was headed. I watched him until he went out of sight then just stood enjoying the view. It couldn't have been more than 5 minutes and I see him coming back. I met him at the back door and asked what he had forgotten. Nothing he says. I got it. I say got what? He says I got the line fixed. I say What? I'm done he say's... whats wrong with you?

That's the first time we 'gained' time. Weirder. So you know -- what to you do with that right. Move on and ignore it.

A couple of weeks later we were at the store and he stops suddenly with this strange look on his face. It kind of scared me... that look... so I say what? What's wrong? He says -- how do we know we made it back? What? How do we know we are back where we started when these things happen? What if we are in a different place... a parallel place just right there? We wouldn't know it would we? And if we didn't end up where we started, did we disappear in the that world?

I told him not to be foolish of course. But the thought/possibility screws with my head to this day... if I let myself think about it.

Reactions: ozentity