Is it easier for you to...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
27973784_1563150267102116_8959347868589568874_n (Small).jpg

Always easier to give I think. I always worry about taking anything and causing loss to that person.
Also them using their giving as leverage. But the people that give joyfully don’t care if they lose everything.

Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
I'm in agreement with Charleh and Lynne! I think that a lot of people don't allow themselves to receive help, though. It's a hard thing to admit that you can't do something on your own sometimes.

I'm in agreement with Charleh and Lynne! I think that a lot of people don't allow themselves to receive help, though. It's a hard thing to admit that you can't do something on your own sometimes.
Yup! What I just said about myself. I've had to learn to trust, and to be open to the gift of others.

Giving help is easier for me too. But I am both an empath and an educator so I have two specific strong drives for why I want to help.

I’d like to offer up to all of us who are less comfortable with receiving help that, if you can accept your own desires to help another person as sincere, then you can more easily accept help from another too. Many people have sincere desires to help and we should not let our own discomfort keep us from accepting that sincere help. Remember too that giving help to another also raises our own self esteem...so let someone help you even just so they can feel good too.

Giving help is easier for me too. But I am both an empath and an educator so I have two specific strong drives for why I want to help.

I’d like to offer up to all of us who are less comfortable with receiving help that, if you can accept your own desires to help another person as sincere, then you can more easily accept help from another too. Many people have sincere desires to help and we should not let our own discomfort keep us from accepting that sincere help. Remember too that giving help to another also raises our own self esteem...so let someone help you even just so they can feel good too.
Wands you are a very wise man. I’m so glad you are here.

Reactions: Paintman
Mom always said, "Take and say thank you." :) Like WandS said, a gracious acceptance of the other person's time & effort in turn helps them.
Makes for good neighborhoods too.
I think everyone should become SS-SSS members. Secret Santa - Snow Shoveling Society. :D