Is it a ghost? if so, how can I identify it/her/him?

whoislisa

Reaction score
Hello I´m new here, I dont know how to start a thread because I´ve never been member of a Forum so I guess I´ll just start? sorry i think ist going to be alot to read. I am 24 yrs old, I am from and live in Germany. I am open to all opinions and believe in science as well as I believe in things (energies? Spirits? god) that us humans can not explain with science. I never had a Feeling that I am surrounded by ghosts, I only had a weird experience one time when my grandpa died like 9 years ago I asked him to give me a sign that he is in heaven. A few weeks (i think) I sat on his chair and heard a noise like if you rub your fingers on a clean shiny table, I couldnt identify what made the table make that Sound but i got scared so i said out loud: Grandpa if this is you, please stop because it scares me, but i know youre in heaven now. and the noise stopped. I mean it still couldve been something else but thats the only Thing I´ve ever experienced. My main questions though are about one specific Thing / ghost, when I was very Young (between the Age of 4 and 10 if i can remember it correctly) I used to speak to a Girl named Lisa, we had conversations sometimes out loud (me answering out loud, there wasnt a voice) or just in my head. So when I got older i just thought i was just talking to myself like many children do I guess but I never knew or could remember why I called this Girl in my head Lisa? I was in a relationship with a guy for 4 years, he is 11 years older than me. He used to feel and see other Spirits or energy I never really got into it because he said he didnt like it and doesnt want to have anything to do with it and that it was worse when he was a child but got less as he grew older and decided not to mess with those things. Anyways, one time i got interest in this subject and asked if i have like a Guardian angel maybe my grandma or something (I sometimes think about her and then talk to her pretending like shes there and it feels real but maybe just product of my phantasy). And he said, theres something around me but ist not my Grandmother, and when I asked what this something Looks like he didnt want to Keep talking about it because he said the energy would become less if he talks more about it, or something like that, and then he said "but she is always around you". After that I never really showed interest in ghosts or anything similar, like my entire life pretty much, but today, for some reason a thought crossed my mind, maybe that "her" could be Lisa? What do you guys think, is there a ghost or something similar around me that I just cant see? how do i find out if there is and how do I identify that ghost or being or whatever it is?

Hi Lisa. First thing, let me move you over to the correct forum area so people can find this post. You are being "buried" in a life chat area. Hold on for the ride and then I'll try and answer your questions.

It's not unusual for young children to hear/see/feel a spirit or what some term as "an invisible friend". It's going to be hard for anyone to tell you just what this is/was. What you saw in the past may have nothing to do with what you feel is around you now. So, let's just look at the "now".

In many belief systems, Guardians or Angels are with us all the time. This is one possibility. Also spirit guides can be with or around us a lot. Spirits and ghosts are actually two different things and entities such as Angels are a third thing. If it is causing you no harm and is there as a protector, then thank it for being there and doing so.

Have you had any other paranormal activity recently? If not, I would say it's not so important to identify specifically what this spirit is. Sometimes, to go searching into the paranormal without knowing what you are doing can open doors better left closed. When and if you need to know, this Angel/spirit will make itself known to you. Meanwhile, be sure you have a good spiritual base. Look within for what you believe and begin to expand upon that spiritual center. That's when whatever this may be will most likely reveal itself further to you, especially if it is angelic or a guide.

A ghost haunts, spirits come and go from the other side, Angels/Guides are protectors and normally are around us most of the time.

Hello Debi, thank you for taking your time to reply and giving me These informations as I dont know anything about these subjects. Could you tell me how I can "expand upon that spiritual center"? by meditating? I am very sensitive to slight changes in other peoples mood or "energy" eventhough they dont say anything. Could that help me? I dont think I really want to find out too too much and go too deep into paranormal things when it Comes to myself but I would like to know who it is that surrounds me and for what reason and if i can help her/him/it somehow. No, nothing seems to haunt me, and I didnt have any recent activities that caught my attention. Thank you

Reactions: Benway
Oh, I just remembered that I dream about the house I grew up in and lived in for 18 years, like almost every single night. And when I used to be alone in the house I always had a very depressed and heavy Feeling eventhough I had a wonderful childhood there. My sister told me that when everybody had moved out she lived there for 2 weeks with her son and husband and they used to hear knocking noises. Also i remember, when i was a child i always heard a noise of someone brooming the Stone way outside infront of the house in the middle of the night though around the same time. My parents never told me anything unusual about the house, ist very old and stood empty for a lot of years and some construction workers from Poland used to live in that house downstairs. I dont know if anything has to do with anything but in my mind i thought what if something happened to one of them or what if its a ghost that brooms the floor at night? Just thoughts that i used to have when i still lived there (me and my Family officially moved out of the house 6 years ago)

Hello Debi, thank you for taking your time to reply and giving me These informations as I dont know anything about these subjects. Could you tell me how I can "expand upon that spiritual center"? by meditating? I am very sensitive to slight changes in other peoples mood or "energy" eventhough they dont say anything. Could that help me? I dont think I really want to find out too too much and go too deep into paranormal things when it Comes to myself but I would like to know who it is that surrounds me and for what reason and if i can help her/him/it somehow. No, nothing seems to haunt me, and I didnt have any recent activities that caught my attention. Thank you
Lisa, if the person/spirit has not appeared to you personally or asked for help, it may need no help at all. You don't have responsibility to do anything "for" it. If it is angelic, or a guide, it's supposed to be there. Expanding on your spiritual center involves looking for what you truly believe about God/Universe and your own belief systems. What do you truly believe? Start there.

Your description of yourself fits an Empath. I would start there with some research on Empaths to learn more about it. There is a lot of material out there and on here about being one.

It's not unusual for young children to hear/see/feel a spirit or what some term as "an invisible friend". It's going to be hard for anyone to tell you just what this is/was. What you saw in the past may have nothing to do with what you feel is around you now. So, let's just look at the "now".

In many belief systems, Guardians or Angels are with us all the time. This is one possibility. Also spirit guides can be with or around us a lot. Spirits and ghosts are actually two different things and entities such as Angels are a third thing. If it is causing you no harm and is there as a protector, then thank it for being there and doing so.

Have you had any other paranormal activity recently? If not, I would say it's not so important to identify specifically what this spirit is. Sometimes, to go searching into the paranormal without knowing what you are doing can open doors better left closed. When and if you need to know, this Angel/spirit will make itself known to you. Meanwhile, be sure you have a good spiritual base. Look within for what you believe and begin to expand upon that spiritual center. That's when whatever this may be will most likely reveal itself further to you, especially if it is angelic or a guide.

A ghost haunts, spirits come and go from the other side, Angels/Guides are protectors and normally are around us most of the time.
Profound wisdom here Debi. Well stated!!!! I can’t add a thing.

Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Lisa, if the person/spirit has not appeared to you personally or asked for help, it may need no help at all. You don't have responsibility to do anything "for" it. If it is angelic, or a guide, it's supposed to be there. Expanding on your spiritual center involves looking for what you truly believe about God/Universe and your own belief systems. What do you truly believe? Start there.

Your description of yourself fits an Empath. I would start there with some research on Empaths to learn more about it. There is a lot of material out there and on here about being one.
I found this video interesting, it starts a bit slow but eventually gets into the science of Empaths.

wow. yes thats literally how i am / feel. my parents and other People always say I´m an empathic Person but I think they mean it more personally than spiritually.

Reactions: Lynne