Is 'Fred' Watching?

titch2k6

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
I am what is known as an 'early bird'. Having successfully secured 30 East Drive, Pontefract for next year, I started to do some research today ahead of schedule. One of the things I have been looking at is the emergency procedures. This has involved looking at the site on Google Maps and looking for a suitable ERV (Emergency Rendez Vous) and parking areas. Whilst doing this, 'old eagle eyes' noticed something peculiar..........

Did Google Maps actually catch 'Fred', or even Joe Pritchard who died on the property (in the bathroom), peeking out? From the bathroom window..............

There are three consecutive street-level shots I want you to look at, taken by Google Maps back in May 2018. I will break each one down as we go:

capture1.jpg

So, in the first shot, and to give a 'flowing consistency' to the series of pictures, we can clearly see the Postman crossing the road. As we zoom in on Maps to the upper bathroom window, we can also see that the pink bathroom curtains (I know - who does this?) are closed.

capture2.jpg

Now, the 'postie' has reached the path. We can clearly see that the bottom left corner of the right curtain has been pulled back and, is that possibly a face peering out?

capture3.jpg

In the third and final shot, the 'postie' is walking along the path and we can see that the corner of the curtain is back down, with no additional anomalies being noted.

Remember, this house is vacant and nobody lives in it. Access is strictly controlled and investigators are not allowed in until 18:00 pm. With the 'postie' in the frames, I know these were captured anywhere between 10:00 am and 14:00 pm (normal mail delivery times for us).

Now, this has been a reported activity at the property over the years and even Yvette Fielding, from Most Haunted, during their two-part investigation there (S17 E01 and E02 - 2015) noted something moving the curtains, in the same window, as they were all outside and the house was known to be empty. As did Nick Groff in his "The Yorkshire Haunting" special from Paranormal Lockdown (aired 2020) and during his interview with the next-door neighbour, Carol.

What do you think? Is this just a trick of the light, or could it actually be something paranormal?

Love to hear your thoughts.

Last edited:
Reactions: garnetsilver
I am what is known as an 'early bird'. Having successfully secured 30 East Drive, Pontefract for next year, I started to do some research today ahead of schedule. One of the things I have been looking at is the emergency procedures. This has involved looking at the site on Google Maps and looking for a suitable ERV (Emergency Rendez Vous) and parking areas. Whilst doing this, 'old eagle eyes' noticed something peculiar..........

Did Google Maps actually catch 'Fred', or even Joe Pritchard who died on the property (in the bathroom), peeking out? From the bathroom window..............

There are three consecutive street-level shots I want you to look at, taken by Google Maps back in May 2018. I will break each one down as we go:

View attachment 35590

So, in the first shot, and to give a 'flowing consistency' to the series of pictures, we can clearly see the Postman crossing the road. As we zoom in on Maps to the upper bathroom window, we can also see that the pink bathroom curtains (I know - who does this?) are closed.

View attachment 35591

Now, the 'postie' has reached the path. We can clearly see that the bottom left corner of the right curtain has been pulled back and, is that possibly a face peering out?

View attachment 35592

In the third and final shot, the 'postie' is walking along the path and we can see that the corner of the curtain is back down, with no additional anomalies being noted.

Remember, this house is vacant and nobody lives in it. Access is strictly controlled and investigators are not allowed in until 18:00 pm. With the 'postie' in the frames, I know these were captured anywhere between 10:00 am and 14:00 pm (normal mail delivery times for us).

Now, this has been a reported activity at the property over the years and even Yvette Fielding, from Most Haunted, during their two-part investigation there (S17 E01 and E02 - 2015) noted something moving the curtains, in the same window, as they were all outside and the house was known to be empty. As did Nick Groff in his "The Yorkshire Haunting" special from Paranormal Lockdown (aired 2020) and during his interview with the next-door neighbour, Carol.

What do you think? Is this just a trick of the light, or could it actually be something paranormal?

Love to gear your thoughts.
I have no explanation for that at all. Man, you are an eagle eye for sure!

Could be either or someone pranking but if it's a lost spirit it needs to be guided.

I did consider the prank option, but as stated, this is a commonly reported phenomenon at the property. I also considered the fact of who would be in a position to actually 'prank' this.

The house is locked 24/7 when not in use by investigators. As mentioned, nobody lives there. The previous caretaker, Carol from next door, refuses to enter the property (she has had many frightening experiences in the property herself, some of which were actually featured on 'Paranormal: Caught on Camera').

'Fred' is not a lost spirit - he is very much grounded to the property. The claims are that he is the most violent poltergeist in the world. This may just be publicity hype, but he is extremely active in the property. One of the current owner's T&Cs for visitors is that you are not permitted to conduct any type of exorcism (not that it would help with a poltergeist, anyway) or cleansing rituals in the property. At £300.00 a night midweek, and £400.00 weekends for the privilege of an overnight stay, and they are booked pretty much every single night throughout the year, I can understand why they do not want him being moved on, raking in over £2,000 a WEEK.........

If you have never seen Most Haunted's, or Paranormal Lockdown's coverage of this property, it is an interesting watch. Yes, I know it is TV and things can be 'exaggerated', but an interesting insight into the property and activity noted:

Most Haunted: S1701 - 30 East Drive Pt.1 - free to view
Most Haunted: S1702 - 30 East Drive Pt.2 - free to view
Paranormal Lockdown: The Yorkshire Haunting - on Discovery+. Subscription required to view.

Reactions: ozentity
I did consider the prank option, but as stated, this is a commonly reported phenomenon at the property. I also considered the fact of who would be in a position to actually 'prank' this.

The house is locked 24/7 when not in use by investigators. As mentioned, nobody lives there. The previous caretaker, Carol from next door, refuses to enter the property (she has had many frightening experiences in the property herself, some of which were actually featured on 'Paranormal: Caught on Camera').

'Fred' is not a lost spirit - he is very much grounded to the property. The claims are that he is the most violent poltergeist in the world. This may just be publicity hype, but he is extremely active in the property. One of the current owner's T&Cs for visitors is that you are not permitted to conduct any type of exorcism (not that it would help with a poltergeist, anyway) or cleansing rituals in the property. At £300.00 a night midweek, and £400.00 weekends for the privilege of an overnight stay, and they are booked pretty much every single night throughout the year, I can understand why they do not want him being moved on, raking in over £2,000 a WEEK.........

If you have never seen Most Haunted's, or Paranormal Lockdown's coverage of this property, it is an interesting watch. Yes, I know it is TV and things can be 'exaggerated', but an interesting insight into the property and activity noted:

Most Haunted: S1701 - 30 East Drive Pt.1 - free to view
Most Haunted: S1702 - 30 East Drive Pt.2 - free to view
Paranormal Lockdown: The Yorkshire Haunting - on Discovery+. Subscription required to view.
Thanks for those links, Titch. I will try to watch one soon!

Reactions: titch2k6
I'd tried to watch the first one but they make me dizzy with panning all over the place with their cameras, lol.

I think you are an amazing investigator. With knowing the buildings locked condition and property history , I’d agree it was the ghost. Good catch.