Is astral projection real?

Rarer than rare Ace. Actually only cleansed one home myself and the had the same home cleansed few years later by a group of Wicca. I likely should have cleansed that place more frequently. Here’s the short run down.

1. Had one of my very few ghost encounters in that condo. I had a complicated daily routine of sleeping in the bathtub each morning. I awoke one morning and found a “person” crouching down next to the tub stairing into my face. I jumped out of the tub, grabbed my clothes, look back to see the “person” still in my room, and leaped out the front door nude. I stood on the doorstep and finished dressing. Got some advice from others and did a deep cleansing.

2. I didn’t know the specific history of this condo, but I bought it because it was in the same complex I’d lived in for nine years and this new unit was larger than my prior unit. The first unit was so hot that I literally ran the air conditioner into the ground. This second larger unit was only probably 300’ from the first and it faced the same directi9ns (so similar sunlight patterns). I’d have kind of expected this second unit to have similar temperature but not true. The master bedroom in this second condo was ice cold all the time even without the air running. In fact - no kidding at all - I slept with a flannel sheet on year round (this was in San Diego!), a typical thermal blanket, a duvet, two throw blankets, and a heavy terry cloth robe on top of that. Again, I probably should have cleansed the bedroom repeatedly.

3. Because my own energies can be pretty impactful, plus point #2 above, I asked a Wiccan group of six friends to come in and do a cleansing on the day I moved out. I thought it might help to minimize any possible impact to whomever lived there next.

Reactions: Paintman
That was thoughtful of you to cleanse before you moved out.
I cleanse for a multitude of reasons, not just to rid the space of entities. I find the "ritual" of the cleanse is helpful too.

My friend Gino had a very textbook example. He was falling asleep and suddenly felt himself lift out of his body and he was flying across the street and he was over a telephone line or a powerline. He was completely conscious, surprised and little bit frightened. And heard a buzzing sound .This is man is an electrician knows what electricity sounds like. And he was able to pop back into his body. The next night it happened much faster. He was flying over a drugstore.
And now this takes a real strange turn on the third night. He passes the Powerline flies over the roof of the drugstore and he's headed towards a high-rise retirement home. Gino flies straight through a window into a residence room. A very old lady was dying in her bed and her husband was by her side. She somehow recognized him and the husband was frightened.
Gino can think on his feet pretty quick. He prayed for her the lady smiled and she soon passed away.
Now he's instantly back in his bedroom wakes up his wife to tell her what just happened. And the strange thing was on the 3rd trip he wasn't frightened. It was something fairly natural. Now he comes from one of those old country Italian families and they believe in a lot of the same things we believe.
And that was the wildest one I've ever heard of.

Thanks for sharing Aces. You and Wands are really adding to our base of knowledge here.

Reactions: 7Critter and Aces
My friend Gino had a very textbook example. He was falling asleep and suddenly felt himself lift out of his body and he was flying across the street and he was over a telephone line or a powerline. He was completely conscious, surprised and little bit frightened. And heard a buzzing sound .This is man is an electrician knows what electricity sounds like. And he was able to pop back into his body. The next night it happened much faster. He was flying over a drugstore.
And now this takes a real strange turn on the third night. He passes the Powerline flies over the roof of the drugstore and he's headed towards a high-rise retirement home. Gino flies straight through a window into a residence room. A very old lady was dying in her bed and her husband was by her side. She somehow recognized him and the husband was frightened.
Gino can think on his feet pretty quick. He prayed for her the lady smiled and she soon passed away.
Now he's instantly back in his bedroom wakes up his wife to tell her what just happened. And the strange thing was on the 3rd trip he wasn't frightened. It was something fairly natural. Now he comes from one of those old country Italian families and they believe in a lot of the same things we believe.
This was a good one Paint !

I cleanse for a multitude of reasons, not just to rid the space of entities. I find the "ritual" of the cleanse is helpful too.

I can imagine that just about any form of recurring ritual - especially solo ritual - can help to center the practitioner much like meditation.

Reactions: Lynne

I’m certain that the simplistic way I worded that point Aces should lead you to think it was a somewhat selfless act. However, it was a mix of selfless and selfish...assuming any act can qualify as such.

I didn’t have enough meaningful exposure to ghosts before that point, I was scared, and had even less exposure to energy manipulation.

Though I have so far chosen not to face fully the possible side effects of my actions (but I know there are some of you here who will chide me to make up for that personal failing), I wonder if my original cleansing attempt went wrong and contributed to a spirit/entity being trapped in my bedroom instead. See sequential points #1 and #2 in that prior post.

Last edited:
Excellent story and description, Paint. I believe.

I’m certain that the simplistic way I worded that point Aces should lead you to think it was a somewhat selfless act. However, it was a mix of selfless and selfish...assuming any act can qualify as such.

I didn’t have enough meaningful exposure to ghosts before that point, I was scared, and had even less exposure to energy manipulation.

Though I have so far chosen not to face fully the possible side effects of my actions (but I know there are some of you here who will chide me to make up for that personal failing), I wonder if my original cleansing attempt went wrong and contributed to a spirit/entity being trapped in my bedroom instead. See sequential points #1 and #2 in that prior post.
Ahh, yes...the botched cleasing, lol (i say that with a smile on my face)....I think that a majority of people who are new to cleansing could benifit from more practice and exposure to the process. So, don't kick yourself in the ass too much. lol we have all been there.