Is astral projection real?

7Critter

Paranormal Trooper
Staff
Reaction score
The idea that humans can leave their bodies during dream states is ancient. Countless people, from New Agers to shamans around the world, believe that it is possible to commune with cosmic intelligence through visions and vivid dreams experienced during astral projection, also known as out-of-body experiences. Surveys suggest that between 8 and 20 percent of people claim to have had something like an out-of-body experience at some point in their lives — a sensation of the consciousness, spirit, or “astral body” leaving the physical body. While most experiences occur during sleep or under hypnosis, some people claim to do it while merely relaxing.

It may be a profound experience, but the fundamental problem is that there’s really no way to scientifically measure whether or not a person’s spirit “leaves” or “enters” the body. The simplest and best explanation for out-of-body experiences is that the person is merely fantasizing and dreaming. Because there is no scientific evidence that consciousness can exist outside of the brain, astral projection is rejected by scientists.

Source / more: http://astral-institute.com/astral-projection-real/

I thought there was proof. The expierencier can describe activity in a different location. He can describe landscapes and recognize people. How is that not proof. Scientists want repeatable expiroments and this is not an exact science. They will never believe in something that is not solid. My brother and husband have both had OBE experiences. I believe them. I’ve read about the expiroments at the Monroe institute and believe this to be a real thing.

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
I thought there was proof. The expierencier can describe activity in a different location. He can describe landscapes and recognize people. How is that not proof. Scientists want repeatable expiroments and this is not an exact science. They will never believe in something that is not solid. My brother and husband have both had OBE experiences. I believe them. I’ve read about the expiroments at the Monroe institute and believe this to be a real thing.
Just because science doesn't understand it yet or have the instruments to measure it doesn't make it "not real." Science changes constantly, although they really hate admitting that.

Yes, astral projection is very real. I can tell the diffrence between a dream and astral travel by how i feel upon waking fully. A dream feels distant and untethered while astral travel leaves you feeling completly involved in the experience. Sometimes I dont remember much of the experience but FEEL it fully. I FEEL the experience......its difficult to explain.
BTW, astral travel can be dangerous if you are not protected properly.

Yes, astral projection is very real. I can tell the diffrence between a dream and astral travel by how i feel upon waking fully. A dream feels distant and untethered while astral travel leaves you feeling completly involved in the experience. Sometimes I dont remember much of the experience but FEEL it fully. I FEEL the experience......its difficult to explain.
BTW, astral travel can be dangerous if you are not protected properly.
Good imput Aces . I have never been out of body that im aware. I know we all sometimes do it during sleep. Its interedting to get expierenced information on this

Good imput Aces . I have never been out of body that im aware. I know we all sometimes do it during sleep. Its interedting to get expierenced information on this

Good morning Lynne. Hope the weather and the barn animals are treating you well on the non-astral plane.

Reactions: 7Critter