Is a spirit able to cling to a person..?

EmoTategami

Reaction score
I feel the need to share my experiences with strangers as I'm hoping for some honest feedback.

First of all, if I'm expressing myself a little weird or spelling wrong I want you to know I'm Norwegian and English is not my first language. But I do my best. If anything at all is unclear, please let me know so I can clarify ^_^

Here it goes:
For as long as I can remember, I have had this feeling of not being alone. We all have that feeling from time to time, but mine is actually quite intense. I get noises in direct response if I try to address the presence. Knocks, clicks, plastic-bag noises.. Small noises.
When I was going to bed, I would feel this weight on top of me. But there was nothing there to be seen. Sometimes it was like someone was sitting on top of me, other times it would feel more like someone was laying down on top of me. I would also hear whispers from the darkest corners of my room.

When we moved to another house in another city, that's when things got real..

I remember my brother and I being home alone after school, waiting for our parents to get home from work. We were watching TV in the living-room when suddenly there was a really weird sound. We thought it may be the washingmachine, but we realized the sounds came from upstairs (where our bedrooms were located, the washingmachine was in the basement..).
So we went upstairs to check, and when we came into my brother's bedroom, his wardrobe was shaking... It was SHAKING. For no reason. We just stood there looking at it, until my brother got brave and opened the wardrobe, and as he did that.. the wardrobe stopped. And it never happened again..
That was the first incident.
Later, I moved bedroom from upstairs to the basement. I started having strange dreams, some force once bent my big toe backwards while i was watching it happen, my stereo and TV was turning on and off without anyone touching it, someone kept sitting on top of me in bed and the bed would even make a creeking noise as they sat down.. When I was home alone I would hear people running down the stairs to the basement. Sounded like a grown man with big boots.. But no one was ever there..

Fast forward to when I moved away from home.. To the apartment I'm still living in today. I think I may have let the spirit a little too close to me. I'm pretty sure it's a man. I've even named him. He likes playing with my hair, scaring my cats, throwing things and when I'm upset he actually comforts me.. That last one may sound strange but it's true. I was crying over something, crying my eyes out.. My husband was on his way home. I went to lay down in bed because the crying made me exhausted, and I dozed off for a bit when someone sat down beside me in bed, hugged my head to his chest and had his arms around me. I remember this feeling clearly, because I was certain it was my husband who had came home to comfort me. So i just let it happen and I fell asleep on his chest. About 15 mins later I woke up by the sound of the front door and someone taking off their shoes in the hall. It was my husband who had just come home. I was alone in the bedroom.
He couldn't understand why i thought he had been there 15 mins earlier..

I've seen a shadowfigure by the bed leaning over me at night, and I had a strange feeling it wanted to steal my covers...
Someone once squeezed my stomach while I was standing in my living-room talking to my friend. One time someone just blew air into my ear from behind me.
I've actually thought about getting someone to come here and check if they can see anyone. Like a medium or something. The reason I haven't is because I'm actually afraid they will remove the spirit. I don't want that for some reason..

These are just some of the things i have experienced. But I hope someone will read it even though it's a little long.... and tell me your thoughts on this. I would love to know as I'm really excited about the paranormal, yet I know so little about it..

^_^

Welcome to the forum, Emo. You did quite well on the language so not to worry on that.

The first thing I want to tell you is the fact you don't wish this entity to go has me very concerned for you. It is very common when negative spirits/entities/demons "attach" to someone, they also do something called "oppress". They try to manipulate your feelings and very often times that includes convincing you they are good to have around. Quite frankly, I'm concerned that although you are fascinated by this and want to keep it you are someday going to need a full out exorcism to be rid of it.

I read in your bio that you have children. Are you sure you want to have this thing around your kids? They often know no bounderies, and it may actually touch your children. It may present itself as caring or comforting to you, but let's be realistic here....this entity is a total unknown. We honestly can't tell you for sure just what it is. One thing we know for sure is it does not belong in this realm.

You'll hear from others in the next 24 to 48 hours here and I'm fairly sure most of them will agree with what I have just told you. We can tell you how to put up boundaries and order it to leave, but until you truly want that nothing we tell you will work. Your intentions have to be in wanting it gone.

I am going to ask you to do one thing. I want you to protect your children from this. At least take the time to tell this entity verbally it is not to touch your children or to scare them in any way. That they are not part of this and it doesn't have permission to be anywhere near the kids. I'm also going to attach the St. Michael's prayer here for you. Please use this as protection when you see that you need it.

You can learn much about the paranormal without being in the middle of an attachment. I would ask you to listen to the voices you will hear here who know of these things.

This is a universal prayer that we use for all faiths and even those of no religious preference for protection.

st_michael_archangel_guidoreni-wallpaper_big21 (Small).jpg

Welcome to the forum, EmoTategami, father of 2 here. Sometimes I’d agree to disagree when it comes to whether you want a spirit around or not. But because there’s kids in the picture, I’d make sure that spirit didn’t even think about interacting with my children in any way.

While it’s still up to you, are you sure this spirit hasn’t threatened you in any way? I mean having a whole wardrobe shake doesn’t sound too friendly in my opinion.

Welcome to the forum, Emo. You did quite well on the language so not to worry on that.

The first thing I want to tell you is the fact you don't wish this entity to go has me very concerned for you. It is very common when negative spirits/entities/demons "attach" to someone, they also do something called "oppress". They try to manipulate your feelings and very often times that includes convincing you they are good to have around. Quite frankly, I'm concerned that although you are fascinated by this and want to keep it you are someday going to need a full out exorcism to be rid of it.

I read in your bio that you have children. Are you sure you want to have this thing around your kids? They often know no bounderies, and it may actually touch your children. It may present itself as caring or comforting to you, but let's be realistic here....this entity is a total unknown. We honestly can't tell you for sure just what it is. One thing we know for sure is it does not belong in this realm.

You'll hear from others in the next 24 to 48 hours here and I'm fairly sure most of them will agree with what I have just told you. We can tell you how to put up boundaries and order it to leave, but until you truly want that nothing we tell you will work. Your intentions have to be in wanting it gone.

I am going to ask you to do one thing. I want you to protect your children from this. At least take the time to tell this entity verbally it is not to touch your children or to scare them in any way. That they are not part of this and it doesn't have permission to be anywhere near the kids. I'm also going to attach the St. Michael's prayer here for you. Please use this as protection when you see that you need it.

You can learn much about the paranormal without being in the middle of an attachment. I would ask you to listen to the voices you will hear here who know of these things.

This is a universal prayer that we use for all faiths and even those of no religious preference for protection.

View attachment 15866

OK, I see..
I have to admit I've never been quite sure what he wants or even if he's good or bad or just likes to scare me.
I'm pretty sure it's a he, though. I get that vibe from him.
I guess I've just thought of him as a moody spirit.
My kids have never reported anything, and they would if anything had happened to them. But then, there's no guarantee that it will stay that way.
And, of course, I don't want anything to happen to them or even give them a little scare..

But what can I do to find out what kind of entity this is?
I actually thought it was an ancestor on my mothers side, because the name I picked for him and a year I connected to him is a match.
Like, the name Zachary and the year 1804 just popped up in my head.. Years later I was hooked on myheiritage and I found out by coincidence in the family-tree there's a Swedish man born 1804 named Zacharias. I had no idea. And that's all I can find out about him..

Reactions: PratchysRevenge
Welcome to the forum, EmoTategami, father of 2 here. Sometimes I’d agree to disagree when it comes to whether you want a spirit around or not. But because there’s kids in the picture, I’d make sure that spirit didn’t even think about interacting with my children in any way.

While it’s still up to you, are you sure this spirit hasn’t threatened you in any way? I mean having a whole wardrobe shake doesn’t sound too friendly in my opinion.

You make a valid point..
But I cant say I've ever received any direct threats.
The closest has to be the shadow that wanted to steal my covers or the time someone squeezed my stomach. I have no idea what it means. though..

This strikes me as totally not an ancestor. If it identifies as one, I think it’s being deceptive. If I was someone’s dead ancestor I’m not going to be playing with their hair or embracing them in bed. That’s something reserved for a significant other IMO.

This strikes me as totally not an ancestor. If it identifies as one, I think it’s being deceptive. If I was someone’s dead ancestor I’m not going to be playing with their hair or embracing them in bed. That’s something reserved for a significant other IMO.

Yeah, I agree. I've always thought it was really creepy ever since the name-connection.. But I just had to ask anyway.
But now I wish I asked earlier as it's the middle of the night here right now and I'm a little scared.. Heh...

Reactions: Charleh
But what can I do to find out what kind of entity this is?
What you have to understand is that does not matter. It doesn't belong on this side of the veil. If it happens to be an ancestor, it needs to move on now. However, it does not present as an ancestor would at all. In fact it presents as a classic negative energy. What it wants to do is keep you wondering if there may be some sort of bond so it can continue to draw you in. One thing to learn right away.....a negative energy lies. It's what they do.

If this was a spirit guide, ancestor, or even an angel, it would not be doing what you describe it as doing, Emo. I'm actually going to refer you to Chuckie on this (he's also known as Charleh here but the system won't let him change his name back from our Halloween party.) I'll be following the discussion and jump in if I have something to add to what he and others say.

Yeah, I agree. I've always thought it was really creepy ever since the name-connection.. But I just had to ask anyway.
But now I wish I asked earlier as it's the middle of the night here right now and I'm a little scared.. Heh...
Have you ever set boundaries like telling the spirit to stop doing something you didn’t like? And if so how did it respond to that boundary?

What you have to understand is that does not matter. It doesn't belong on this side of the veil. If it happens to be an ancestor, it needs to move on now. However, it does not present as an ancestor would at all. In fact it presents as a classic negative energy. What it wants to do is keep you wondering if there may be some sort of bond so it can continue to draw you in. One thing to learn right away.....a negative energy lies. It's what they do.

If this was a spirit guide, ancestor, or even an angel, it would not be doing what you describe it as doing, Emo. I'm actually going to refer you to Chuckie on this (he's also known as Charleh here but the system won't let him change his name back from our Halloween party.) I'll be following the discussion and jump in if I have something to add to what he and others say.

OK, I got it. I should maybe stop verifying the presence then? Does it "feed" from it, or is that just a myth?
I think I've done many ignorant things concerning this..

Reactions: WitchAndShaman