Invitations unaware

I think it may all be about mindset. I have been on plenty of investigations where you can see people all start off happy and extrovert with body language, but soon become tense and flinch at the slightest cold breeze. The cold breeze was always there - they just weren't receptive to it.

So if you start off watching paranormal shows on TV you can turn your senses ON or, of there is anything present it may realise you are listening and try and interact.

Interesting about the possessed guy and the effects it had on the interviewers. I wonder what was going on there?

Reactions: DogLet
DogLet, welcome aboard and you had many interesting things to say that struck a chord with me. Like you I try to to be very selective about what I read and watch on TV.
For me anyway, the garbage in - garbage out principal applies.

Reactions: DogLet and Paulm
Does it make any difference whether the paranormal program being watched is a farce? Is all it takes for a viewer to believe he is watching a real paranormal event on some cable show to enable an unwelcome spirit to unknowingly enter his house?

Last edited:
Does it make any difference whether the paranormal program being watched is a farce? Is all it takes for a viewer to believe he is watching a real paranormal event on some cable show to enable an unwelcome spirit to unknowingly enter his house?
I believe it's all it takes to enter the psyche of the viewer.

Reactions: DogLet and Lynne
Interesting about the possessed guy and the effects it had on the interviewers. I wonder what was going on there?
The man had been seen by priests but he refused any exorcism as the demon had convinced him he was handy to have around and could do "good" for him. (Demons lie.) Now, each interviewer had challenged that "demons can do good" statement and made negative comments about said demon. I think, as with most true attachments, the demon wanted to show the interviewers it was unhappy being challenged.

When dealing with demonics, they can manifest outside of space/time barriers. They tend to know things in advance and can be anywhere they want to be when they want to be. Which is why this forum no longer deals with demon problems and we send those people direct to clergy.

Reactions: DogLet and Paintman
I believe it's all it takes to enter the psyche of the viewer.

So does that mean someone who has no belief in, and would therefore not consider the possibility of, unwelcome spirits be in no danger?

Reactions: Paulm
So does that mean someone who has no belief in, and would therefore not consider the possibility of, unwelcome spirits be in no danger?
I have seen people who did not believe become very sudden believers when faced with these things. They are normally rather confused at first because the belief bubble just popped on them, but even those with no belief can be affected under the right conditions.

Take the example of the Gary demon kids walking up walls in front of doctors, nurses and police. Many of those people were not believers...until they saw something they could not explain and shouldn't have been possible.

Reactions: Paintman
I have seen people who did not believe become very sudden believers when faced with these things. They are normally rather confused at first because the belief bubble just popped on them, but even those with no belief can be affected under the right conditions.

Take the example of the Gary demon kids walking up walls in front of doctors, nurses and police. Many of those people were not believers...until they saw something they could not explain and shouldn't have been possible.

Which takes us back to the original premise of the thread and my first post. As I understood Parkergirl's question, she was seeking opinions on whether watching ghosthunting "reality" shows enabled unwelcome spirits to unknowingly enter the viewers home. So if the show the viewer is watching is fake, as I think most of them are, then is the viewer still enabling unwanted spirits into his home? And if the show is fake, is it any different than watching a fictional TV show/movie or reading macabre or paranormal fiction?

Reactions: Paulm
Which takes us back to the original premise of the thread and my first post. As I understood Parkergirl's question, she was seeking opinions on whether watching ghosthunting "reality" shows enabled unwelcome spirits to unknowingly enter the viewers home. So if the show the viewer is watching is fake, as I think most of them are, then is the viewer still enabling unwanted spirits into his home? And if the show is fake, is it any different than watching a fictional TV show/movie or reading macabre or paranormal fiction?
IMO, if the show is fake, I don't see an issue. Nothing really there.

I'm sensitive to actual negative energy that is what I call "active" in a program. I have held off sharing a few of those shows here as I've felt "something" stirring from the broadcast. The podcast that was affected I first mentioned we actually put a warning on it because this thing was "broadcasting."

Now, on some shows, with what I see as real activity, I do think that some people may react if they have a prior intention of reaching out to the other side for contact. I think also that some people may be more sensitive to certain energies out there.

But back again to your question, if nothing is there, and you are simply watching the show, there should be no problem. Now, the power of suggestion may bring about a whole nuther issue as you see with people in theaters in a horror movie.

IMO, if the show is fake, I don't see an issue. Nothing really there.

I'm sensitive to actual negative energy that is what I call "active" in a program. I have held off sharing a few of those shows here as I've felt "something" stirring from the broadcast. The podcast that was affected I first mentioned we actually put a warning on it because this thing was "broadcasting."

Now, on some shows, with what I see as real activity, I do think that some people may react if they have a prior intention of reaching out to the other side for contact. I think also that some people may be more sensitive to certain energies out there.

But back again to your question, if nothing is there, and you are simply watching the show, there should be no problem. Now, the power of suggestion may bring about a whole nuther issue as you see with people in theaters in a horror movie.

So is the threat to viewer/listener from whatever it is "active" in the broadcast or from any entity that would/could take advantage of the opening of the psyche (per Oz) resulting in the viewer/listener being more vulnerable? Or both, maybe?

Last edited: