Invitations unaware

Parkergirl4

Reaction score
I’m wondering what people Think about watching ghost hunting shows on TV and it unknowingly letting in un-welcome spirits in your house. I’ve had experiences with spirits before, nothing really new. But I had just recently heard this, and I had never had this happen to me , so I never thought much of it until last night. Fell asleep watching ghost hunters woke up later to something rattling my glasses on my bedside table ... nothing could’ve caused this, the noise woke me up and continued for a moment after I open my eyes , but as soon as I started to move it quit. Does anyone think that watching the shows could invite spirits in. Thinking of saging tonight before sleep!

Hi Parker. I'm going to move your thread to experiences area where you will get more views and answers.

I'm here just for a minute, but will answer this in the morning. :)

I personally don't like these shows,a bunch of actors messing with things they have little knowledge of.If watching it gets into your psyche and you are a real, open, aware person it may open you up to something paranormal, as it's puting your mind into this realm.I think these idiots are trying to scare people ghost train style, but maybe they are affecting genuine open people in a very negative way.My advice is don't watch this rubbish.Welcome to the forum Parker.

I'm not sure on the tv shows. I will, however, share a story of a podcast issue that happened. I can verify as I was involved in solving the issue. A podcaster I was helping as a producer interviewed a man who had a demon attachment. The man wanted the demon. Next thing we know, the podcaster had things being thrown around his attic and all sorts of stuff happening. We got that taken care of, but the podcaster reached out to others who had interviewed this guest and many others had the same problem after interviewing this guy. Needless to say, he's no longer on the circuit as a guest.

I'm not sure on the tv shows. I will, however, share a story of a podcast issue that happened. I can verify as I was involved in solving the issue. A podcaster I was helping as a producer interviewed a man who had a demon attachment. The man wanted the demon. Next thing we know, the podcaster had things being thrown around his attic and all sorts of stuff happening. We got that taken care of, but the podcaster reached out to others who had interviewed this guest and many others had the same problem after interviewing this guy. Needless to say, he's no longer on the circuit as a guest.
:astonished::eek:

Reactions: Aster
I'm of rather mixed feelings about most of the ghost and monster hunter shows. Several of them are very entertaining. the Mountain Monster Hunters are the best comedy team since the Three Stooges. There are a couple of ghost hunting shows that are almost as funny. They run around mostly scaring themselves half to death. I sort of like The Dead Files but I am not sure how seriously I take it but I prefer their general methods over the more active adventure type shows. If nothing else Amy is fascinating to watch. She has a facethat is expressive a lot like Jim Carry was.

Personally I don't think that watching TV shows places a person in danger of it causing a problem other than that some people are very impressionable. Those people are like a friend of my Mama's. Every week she ended up with symptoms of whatever disease was on the Doctor TV shows that week.

I am rather pleased that some of the "Old Ways" are beginning to return. Maybe at some point, we will begin to more seriously explore the paranormal things. It is a lot easier to be gifted/cursed now than it was 50 years ago. People that have strange abilities and experiences are not just automatically considered crazy by everyone like they used to be. When I was little and started having precognitive experiances my Mom acted terrified and ashamed of what I was experiencing. It was a big nasty thing that I wasn't supposed to talk about. If these shows will allow kids that experience odd things to not be treated the way that I was then it is worthwhile for that at least.

As the years come and pass so many things flow in and out of style and acceptance. This particular thing seems to come in and out on about a 60 to 70-year cycle. Spiritualism seems to roll in with every third or fourth generation. My Great-grandfather was a Water Witch and it was an accepted thing. Spiritualism was common in the early to mid-1800s and then experienced another surge in the early years of the 1900s.

LOL, I think that it was there in the 70s and 80s but everyone just wrote it off to drugs. It is surging again now and hasn't peaked yet. I have wondered sometimes in the past whether the veil thins in a rhythm that allows more activity and the abilities that are natural in some people are more easily expressed.

??? so many questions and so few solid answers...

I find these ghost shows entertaining or irritating, or both. Thankfully, I don't experience any kind of paranormal activity after watching them! And I agree with TexDanm, that as the veil thins these types of abilities and experiences are becoming more apparent.

Reactions: ozentity and Debi
Parker,

I think that, you already think that this show caused this to happen and you are here to verify it with us, and I will tell you that I don't think you should watch any show that is setting up a negative environment for you, and should be careful what you choose to watch, we always need to try to fill our minds with positive and loving things or energy not negative.

I heard a horror story of these people that went all out one year decorating for Halloween, and had some guest over, and they put on some horror type music and this entity ran them and all of their guest out of their house.

Its all about the mood we set in our homes also and TV plays a huge factor in that, I have heard that you can invite entities to bother you by setting up that environment for them to flourish, its like an invitation, or that is what the people with the Halloween party said.

I have never watched this TV show and never heard of it before, I am speaking in general about any TV show or movie you watch, be selective in what you watch. I know these things don't happen to everyone, and I don't know why, if the entities are already there lying dormant or what. I do not claim to be an expert in this field at all, I can only give you my 2 cents because I think this has caused concern for you and I want the best for you.

I don't know if you are a spiritual person, but Debi has some prayers at the top of the Thread, that you can say that could help.

It sounds to me like you have a spirit there, but you never know until you really investigate it, because 9 out of 10 times it can be something physical that can be causing the issue and we just think its something paranormal, so just be aware of this and always try to investigate and try to find something else that could be causing the problem or rattling your glasses in you case, for example, it may not have been your glasses if you did not see them moving, it could be a mouse or a glass of water with a hot air pocket under it causing it to move, something like that, i'm just giving an example. If you do have a spirit you will also start to notice other things happening, but also with rats.

We are here to try to help, so please keep us posted on what you find.

God Bless you

Last edited:
Hi Parker. I Don’t think the shows in general trigger these things. Now I agree there may be neg attachment to some in rare instances, however I think it is the the intention of the viewer. If a person feels effected and supports that with the belief it could manifest activity, it could happen. I think the mind and will are powerful things. Most people watch for fun or entertainment without putting any more thought into it.

As for your situation with the shaking glass, it may be a one time unexplained event. Any chance you live near a train track ? They can really send a vibration through the ground.

Reactions: DogLet and ozentity