Invisibility cloak works!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

A Canadian company has come up with a new material that can render large objects almost totally invisible.
Known as Quantum Stealth, the new invisibility cloak takes the form of a thin, inexpensive material that makes objects vanish from sight even though the background is still visible.

Requiring no power source, it works by bending the light in a very specific way.

The brainchild of Canadian camouflage design company Hyperstealth Biotechnology, the new material can conceal the presence of entire vehicles and could prove invaluable on the battlefield.

It even works for non-visible wavelengths from mid- and near-ultraviolet to the infrared.

While it's not quite Harry Potter, the technology is nonetheless very impressive.

Reactions: 7Critter and Fizz
Cool, so how long before 3-m or rustoleum comes out with a spray on version....for my truck, i wonder how that would work on the roadways...lol......
That would be cool if its black on the inside so as to be worn as a cape, just flip it around and you dissapear....not that I really want that, I just wish capes would come back into style....lol

I imagine the uses would be endless,scary really, speed cameras,all sorts of criminals and giving hunters an unfair advantage.I think it will cause more problems than benefits.As said, how long until it's copied and available on ebay.I'm sure the military will have something to counteract it or we wouldn't know about it.

Reactions: Debi