Inventor makes real Lightsaber

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Inventor builds working prototype lightsaber - Unexplained Mysteries

news-protosaber.jpg

A popular YouTuber has designed and built an actual functioning protosaber that can literally melt your face off.
With 'Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker' in cinemas this month, it is only fitting that someone should have another stab at building a real-life version of the movie's legendary Jedi weapon.

This latest attempt, which was put together by the team over at The Hacksmith, is not only the most realistic that we've seen to date but is also the most dangerous by a country mile.

Consisting of a long metal rod to act as the blade of the weapon, the prototype saber is heated up using an external power pack until it literally glows bright orange

Once fully heated, it is capable of slicing and melting through a variety of objects, including the body of whoever is insane enough to actually try wielding the thing.

While it isn't quite the same as the lightsabers in the movies, it does resemble the so-called 'protosaber' - a precursor to the lightsaber that has been mentioned in Star Wars lore.

Suffice to say, it's not something you'd want to be slapping your friends around with.

You can check out a video showing the device being built and tested below.

This is a real "You'll shoot your eye out" moment....

Reactions: Lynne
This is a real "You'll shoot your eye out" moment....
You’re right Debi. Unfortunately I think there are some people who would swing such a thing near to people just because it would seem to be so bitchin to do so. The power it invokes - and even the nostalgia it creates - either can be very compelling to some.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I was expecting a "hot knife through butter" demonstration. But it looks like you have to cut through things rather slowly.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I kept picturing the scientists at cern doing similar trials with the collider. Like here hold my beer I will slam a electron now. Let’s hope we don’t open a black hole. Lol. Men in garages everywhere cause women to worry :D

I kept picturing the scientists at cern doing similar trials with the collider. Like here hold my beer I will slam a electron now. Let’s hope we don’t open a black hole. Lol. Men in garages everywhere cause women to worry :D
Right, you never know which universal forces we might be screwing around with in the solitude of our man caves.
I'm dyin' here....ROFL!