Intuition

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
http://www.spiritdaily.com/intuition.htm

What is "intuition"?

It's a feeling, an inclination. Often it can be a nudge from an angel, from the Holy Spirit.

As such, it's a higher form of perceiving.

It's not something that can be measured on a standard test for "intelligence."

It's what has propelled many who've succeeded as entrepreneurs or investors or inventors. A hunch, a notion, a sense. It comes to us instantly without conscious reasoning.

Think back at some of your hunches! How many mothers "just got this feeling" when a child was in peril?

You just "knew" something.

Did you pray to deepen the understanding?

At times, it keeps us from danger.

An example came just last week (10/1/15) in that horrible Northwest shooting.

"An Oregon student narrowly missed a massacre that left nine innocent victims dead at her community college -- thanks to 'a weird gut feeling' that stopped her from setting foot on campus on Thursday, she told The New York Post," reported the newspaper.

Bre Larson, 19, who is studying psychology at Umpqua Community College, in Roseburg, had planned to do her homework in the school library at ten a.m. Thursday, when she was struck by a powerful premonition. 'I had planned go to there to make a Power Point presentation for my speech class. It's my favorite place to study. I set my alarm for nine a.m. but I got this weird feeling,' the second-year student said."

A day after that, last Friday (10/2/15), Pope Francis, speaking at St. Marta's House, said about one's guardian angel, "He is always with us! And this is a reality. It's like having God's ambassador with us. And the Lord advises us: 'Respect his presence!' And when we, for example, commit a sin and believe that we're on our own: No, he is there. Show respect for his presence. Listen to his voice because he gives us advice. When we hear that inspiration: 'But do this...this is better... we should not do that.' Listen! Do not go against him. All he asks is that we listen to him and respect him. That's all: respect and listening (to him)."

There are many times when what we want is not what is good for us and many times when a feeling deep within makes no sense but in retrospect. The intuition, like creativity (which also evades academic evaluation), is the place where mind meets spirit. One day we will all be surprised at how many times it led us to those we met and likewise kept us from perils. There are so many!

More at site...

I don't have the empathic or sensitive abilities that some on this forum have, but I do have good intuition. My "gut feeling" has helped me many times. Does it come from myself, or "a nudge from an angel" , or some other source; I don't know but I am grateful for it.

Reactions: Wide Awake and Debi