Interested in feedback for this footage

garnetsilver

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
My neice sent me this footage from security cameras on their property. It doesn't look like anything sinister, but I asked her if I could post it here to get feedback. What do you think it is? The activity starts around 25 or 26 TS. She did say a small animal ran away from it, but I didn't see it.

My neice sent me this footage from security cameras on their property. It doesn't look like anything sinister, but I asked her if I could post it here to get feedback. What do you think it is? The activity starts around 25 or 26 TS. She did say a small animal ran away from it, but I didn't see it.

I've watched it a few times and I'm really unsure on that! I see the "forms" but is that snow blowing in the wind or "something"?

Reactions: garnetsilver
At first, I thought it was snow blowing too, but nothing around it was moving at the same time. Puzzling!

Reactions: Paulm
I hope others weigh in, because I told her I would ask members here. This area is located in Gloucester county, NJ.

Is the camera shooting through glass or other transparency? Maybe a house window or an enclosed camera box? Where it is situated, is there a road or driveway nearby where automobile lights could be seen as cars drive by?

Is the camera shooting through glass or other transparency? Maybe a house window or an enclosed camera box? Where it is situated, is there a road or driveway nearby where automobile lights could be seen as cars drive by?
I am waiting for her response to these questions.

Reactions: Duke
I should have said "....automobile lights OR THEIR REFLECTIONS could be seen as cars drive by?"

Reactions: garnetsilver
Here's her response:
The camera is outside covered by a water protective lens.
It’s on the side of the house that is not exposed to nearby cars or oncoming traffic.

I'm assuming that she means that reflections from oncoming traffic can't be seen on that side of her house.

Here's her response:
The camera is outside covered by a water protective lens.
It’s on the side of the house that is not exposed to nearby cars or oncoming traffic.

I'm assuming that she means that reflections from oncoming traffic can't be seen on that side of her house.
Not sure what a "water protective lens" is. The two sound almost mutually exclusive. A lens is used for optical purposes, not to protect. Perhaps she means a lens sealed to prevent water intrusion. Or she could mean the camera is covered with a transparent, non-optical material to protect it from the weather.

What I see looks like light, either direct or reflected, recorded as it reflects off a transparency. It could be reflecting off the lens if the angle of incidence is obtuse, but you see this most often when taking photographs/video/film through a transparency.

Several years ago my daughter's best friend called me because she was seeing an image similar to this on the baby monitor in her infant son's bedroom. She was scared it was paranormal. First question I asked her was about car lights shining in the room, she assured me that was impossible. She said her son's room was on the non-street side of the house.

A week or so later I spent the evening sitting in that room, and within an hour I saw reflected head lights from a street or two over moving across the room. It only occurred when cars moved in one (eastbound) direction. The light movement in the room was a function of the car's movement relative to the reflective surface. After this happened 3-4 times over the next couple hours. I finally convinced her what was happening.

She eventually replaced the large slatted blinds in that room with pull down shades and the problem went away entirely.