Instinct, Intuition or Intel?

Reaction score
Am curious how you all view instincts versus intuition, and both of those against what others say?

:anguished: I have a (minor) decision to make, but inside it feels like a big deal, because of the wonderment of the above Q. See, I have this strong "gut feeling" (which is what I usually stick by) in what to choose. However, some people I totally respect and rely on for advice, are telling me opposite of what I feel I should choose. (That's a first for me lol).

Makes me consider if I'm off my game with my intuition? I plan on praying on it, in hopes God will direct me so I make the right choice.

Well, all this led me to wonder YOUR thoughts on how you handle these types of situations. Do you always go with your gut, or is there something you do instead? In addition to your feelings? Do you avoid your instincts altogether? Are instinct and intuition the same? How much do you rely on others' opinions, thoughts and advice? What usually sways you one way or another?

Just picking your brains... :p

It comes down to the question: Is this my ego telling me what I want or my connection to the Divine giving me guidance? Others will give advice based on their own ego's/needs/desires of what they would do. Only you can determine who's talkin' to you!

If the Divine is using another as a messenger through "Advice", then it will resonate with you....trips those little alarms inside that say "This is truth for me." Unless that outer advice does that, listen closely to your soul instead.

Am curious how you all view instincts versus intuition, and both of those against what others say?

:anguished: I have a (minor) decision to make, but inside it feels like a big deal, because of the wonderment of the above Q. See, I have this strong "gut feeling" (which is what I usually stick by) in what to choose. However, some people I totally respect and rely on for advice, are telling me opposite of what I feel I should choose. (That's a first for me lol).

Makes me consider if I'm off my game with my intuition? I plan on praying on it, in hopes God will direct me so I make the right choice.

Well, all this led me to wonder YOUR thoughts on how you handle these types of situations. Do you always go with your gut, or is there something you do instead? In addition to your feelings? Do you avoid your instincts altogether? Are instinct and intuition the same? How much do you rely on others' opinions, thoughts and advice? What usually sways you one way or another?

Just picking your brains... :p

If after praying and pondering this question-your gut instinct/intuition is still telling you the opposite of your friends/advisors,I would follow my own instinct/gut feeling. This is of course predicated on your gut instinct/intuition usually being correct in the past...I know mine has always been correct, and the couple times I didn't listen to it was a big mistake...

Last edited:
If after praying and pondering this question-your gut instinct/intuition is still telling you the opposite of your friends/advisors,I would follow my own instinct/gut feeling. This is of course predicated on your gut intstinct/intuition usually being correct in the past...I know mine has always been correct, and the couple times I did't listen to it was a big mistake...
Thanks NobleHouse :) Yes, mine has always been on target in the past as well, and that's why this is so difficult for me- because rarely has it ever differed from those I sought advice from. A weird situation for me.

Reactions: NobleHouse
It comes down to the question: Is this my ego telling me what I want or my connection to the Divine giving me guidance? Others will give advice based on their own ego's/needs/desires of what they would do. Only you can determine who's talkin' to you!

If the Divine is using another as a messenger through "Advice", then it will resonate with you....trips those little alarms inside that say "This is truth for me." Unless that outer advice does that, listen closely to your soul instead.
Well said, Debi. I have to agree- it often boils down to ego. I take that into consideration ALL the time, because one thing I never want to be is pridefully ignorant. I like how you worded that, and it's a good reminder. Who is leading my thoughts and what is guiding my intuition are key. Now I see why the owl is your icon: wisdom ;) Thank-you.

Reactions: NobleHouse and Debi
12400661_1425436580894604_8382985859577117739_n.jpg