Insomnia

I do this a lot , I nap sleep!! It drives me crazy. Once I’m awake I’m just up.
Me too. I can set my watch by five hours. Anyone know why? I’ll wake up & simply remember when I went to bed, add 5 hours & when I turn to look at the clock it will be dead on within just a few minutes.

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Napping. That reminds me of the champion of all nappers. Plus he came from Indianapolis, Indiana AKA Naptown. And that certainly fit.:)
He was my training partner in bodybuilding. He won the NAABA Mr. Universe that year. Steve used to nap between sets. He would sit on an incline bench and just sleep, and wake up, and make me feel small.:(
There were three of us training together. And we were in sync with our training cycle that we went very heavy and needed 10 to 15 minutes of rest between sets. And Steve took a nap.:p
The other training partner is named Pete and he won the Mr. USA that year. He let me manage his gym.( I won a very low-level national championship.)

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Me too. I can set my watch by five hours. Anyone know why? I’ll wake up & simply remember when I went to bed, add 5 hours & when I turn to look at the clock it will be dead on within just a few minutes.
It's part of the sleep cycle. A sleep cycle is anywhere between 90 and 120 minutes. After the first two, the time goes down. Sounds like your body has a 5 hour switch! I wake up every two hours. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrs Cooper
It's part of the sleep cycle. A sleep cycle is anywhere between 90 ad 120 minutes. After the first two, the time goes down. Sounds like your body has a 5 hour switch! I wake up every two hours. :rolleyes:

Wow, we really are twins. I wake up every two hours as well. You could set your clock to it.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
Luckily I'm a heavy a sleeper. My record was 14 straight hours of sleeping. But my mom has really bad insomnia, on average she's up at around 1am. But I maintain it's always good to have at least one insomniac in the house, because if you're in a situation where you need to get up early and accidentally doze off after dismissing your alarm, the insomniac is your back up :D

Reactions: Lynne