Inside creepy haunted 1940s funeral home - with 'dried blood' in buckets

Funeral homes are naturally creepy lol. Doesn't mean they haunted urban explorers lol. I've done electrical work in a few funeral homes. The embalming rooms most of all are the creepiest, but you already know what goes on in there. The smell doesn't help matters either. Highly doubt there were dried buckets of blood just laying around. If it was a legit funeral home, they have guidelines to follow for disposal and decontamination.

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Selectric, I did paint & paper work in an old mansion converted to a funeral home. It was built in the late eighteen hundreds by a department store magnate.
I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "you know that going in."
It was an interesting use of space. Bodies were stored in the sub-basement. And they used a gurney that would tip up right. Then they would ride an elevator up to the second floor for embalming. That room look like a small operating theater.

The owner lived on the third floor. And his grown son on the 4th floor. There was a big Coach House out back (city area) where they stored the hearse and had a regular garage workshop. What I found hilarious is they used a hearse the way we would use a pickup truck or SUV. In the back of one I saw a fishing gear, a shotgun case, and a box of clay targets.

Reactions: Selectric
Funeral homes are naturally creepy lol. Doesn't mean they haunted urban explorers lol. I've done electrical work in a few funeral homes. The embalming rooms most of all are the creepiest, but you already know what goes on in there. The smell doesn't help matters either. Highly doubt there were dried buckets of blood just laying around. If it was a legit funeral home, they have guidelines to follow for disposal and decontamination.
There have been some really grim mortuary scandals over the years. Guidelines and even laws don't mean much if they aren't followed.

In the late 80s, I was spending a lot of time in LA and was there when a huge scandal broke about a funeral home that was acquiring bodies illegally. They were mining organs and selling them, then doing away with bodies in very unscrupulous ways. About the same time, there was another funeral home that got busted in Florida for similar crimes.

I have heard about some those places. The one that stuck out the most was the one that got busted burying empty coffins lol.

Not a pleasant place. I guess the people that work in that field get desensitized to it. It’s certainly not a job I’d want. Thank goodness some are up for it.

Not a pleasant place. I guess the people that work in that field get desensitized to it. It’s certainly not a job I’d want. Thank goodness some are up for it.
When I was in college, the University of Cincinnati had a working arrangement with the Ohio College of Mortuary Sciences, also in Cincinnati. Their students took classes at UC to get courses not taught at OCMS en route to earn a four year bachelor's degree.

My third year, a few of them lived on my dorm floor. One of the guys was really cool, but the others were kinda strange. A friend of mine, an architecture student, wound up rooming with one of the stranger ones for a quarter. The guy was quiet and soft spoken, and he had a creepy, smirk of a smile.