Indiana triangle?

Initially I thought it was a reflection from something in the vehicle, but the lights were concealed hehind trees as they drove along. Another thought was one of those huge display advertising lights you see at car dealers, but the lights looked to be standing still. Could be something as simple as moonlight shining through broken patches in the clouds/overcast, with the illusion of movement created by the car moving and making turns.

Sure looks like some kind of reflection. They kept saying it's moving, but it did not move until their car did (atleast the illusion it did).

Reactions: Lynne
Sure looks like some kind of reflection. They kept saying it's moving, but it did not move until their car did (atleast the illusion it did).
There actually were two other reports of it that I saw, so unlikely to be reflection.

Reactions: Selectric
Sure does, but notice it goes behind trees and is out of sight for as long as it takes to get by them. A reflection would be visible in front of the trees in the video.

The fact the "UFO" was stationary until the car moved tells me we're looking at something fixed in the sky. The advertising spot lights are usually moving across the sky (see below) to get people's attention, and with those you can usually see the light beams going up. I doubt it's spot/search lights.

There is no date given for the video, but the date on article byline was 6 Sept. If we knew the date/time it was taken, we could check moon phase and cloud cover to see if it could be moonlight passing through overcast/clouds. That's my best guess at this point.

It was taken somewhere between August 5 to the 14th, because it's mentioned in comments it was during the fair as they were driving home. My thought is perhaps something to do with a ride lighting up the clouds like that?

That would put those lights somewhere over Crown Point.

Last edited:
It was taken somewhere between August 5 to the 14th, because it's mentioned in comments it was during the fair as they were driving home. My thought is perhaps something to do with a ride lighting up the clouds like that?

That would put those lights somewhere over Crown Point.
Could be, but I would think you'd see light beams going up from the ground source. If it's overcast/cloudy enough to project those lights, I'd think rising beams against that overcast/cloud cover would be visible. This looks more like a light source coming down from behind through the clouds.

Could be, but I would think you'd see light beams going up from the ground source. If it's overcast/cloudy enough to project those lights, I'd think rising beams against that overcast/cloud cover would be visible. This looks more light a light source coming down through the clouds.
I've seen spotlights from Atlantic City reflected on the clouds from miles away. You could see the trail of the beam.

Reactions: Duke