Indiana 1965! State Rt 57 Was A Killer Hwy & Bridge! My Synchro!!

Malaria_Kidd IV

Reaction score
Other than my low chances ever being born due to Dad nearly being out of tiny white wigglers due to malaria in WW II. My first real life paranormal experience at age 16 took place just 1.5 miles North of Petersburg, Indiana!
:shock:

Indiana highway 57 was one of way too many killer highways statewide. At Paragon Dad said, "You can drive so I can get some sleep."

Our now empty 1965 IH Emoryville powered bull wagon had just delivered a load of cattle to the huge Indianapolis Stockyards. So at that young age I headed south on IN SR 67 toward IN SR 57 many miles southwest.

I began thinking about our experienced driver Carl's loaded Ford semi cattle rig crashing into a new over the center line Cadillac on the White River bridge!
:(
All four occupants died in the new car just purchased by the newly retired editor of the Evansville Courier.
:cry:

That terrible accident was going through my mind as I drove the big rig in that direction. Then this thought came to mind, repeatedly. If I'm in a vehicular crash I want it to be with a Brinks armored truck envisioning paper money flying into the river!
:confused:

Drivers going south had to deal with an angled left turn to get on that ole killer highway's killer bridge.
:roll:

I was very apprehensive about High Noon entering that left turn braking down the 65 foot tractor trailer! I made the turn not meeting a soul!

But then low and behold just entering the far side was a Brinks armored truck! We met in the middle to my full on astonishment going safely toward our different destinations! :cool:

MK IV ∆=⚾

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Other than my low chances ever being born due to Dad nearly being out of tiny white wigglers due to malaria in WW II. My first real life paranormal experience at age 16 took place just 1.5 miles North of Petersburg, Indiana!
:shock:

Indiana highway 57 was one of way too many killer highways statewide. At Paragon Dad said, "You can drive so I can get some sleep."

Our now empty 1965 IH Emoryville powered bull wagon had just delivered a load of cattle to the huge Indianapolis Stockyards. So at that young age I headed south on IN SR 67 toward IN SR 57 many miles southwest.

I began thinking about our experienced driver Carl's loaded Ford semi cattle rig crashing into a new over the center line Cadillac on the White River bridge!
:(
All four occupants died in the new car just purchased by the newly retired editor of the Evansville Courier.
:cry:

That terrible accident was going through my mind as I drove the big rig in that direction. Then this thought came to mind, repeatedly. If I'm in a vehicular crash I want it to be with a Brinks armored truck envisioning paper money flying into the river!
:confused:

Drivers going south had to deal with an angled left turn to get on that ole killer highway's killer bridge.
:roll:

I was very apprehensive about High Noon entering that left turn braking down the 65 foot tractor trailer! I made the turn not meeting a soul!

But then low and behold just entering the far side was a Brinks armored truck! We met in the middle to my full on astonishment going safely toward our different destinations! :cool:

MK IV ∆=⚾
Life serendipity is always amazing. Not explainable and always when we least expect it.

• Love it
Reactions: Malaria_Kidd IV
Whooping up that Ooooooo! moment meet up. I immeaditly new that fact filled prophetic thought over many miles may happen again sometime.

It has done that and all of us have done see'ings ahead into our futures!

Thanks to both of you and I dare not attempt to quote your lines. I'd fail like my earlier efforts getting that idea right to date.:construction::construction::construction::construction:

MK IV ∆=⚾

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne