In "The Zone"

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Have you ever experienced being in "the zone"? I think most of us have had this experience. Words flow, talents improve, you just "get it". Athletes often speak of it. Writers and musicians as well.

My question to you is: How do you get in the zone? Is it something you can naturally do? Is it tuning into a field of energy? What do you think happens when we enter "the zone"? Thoughts? Ideas?

620234e786a20444305b7aca613ee44c.jpg

Have you ever experienced being in "the zone"? I think most of us have had this experience. Words flow, talents improve, you just "get it". Athletes often speak of it. Writers and musicians as well.

My question to you is: How do you get in the zone? Is it something you can naturally do? Is it tuning into a field of energy? What do you think happens when we enter "the zone"? Thoughts? Ideas?

View attachment 23053
I love that quote! And yes, I have been in the zone many times. I always feel a wave of inspiration first, and then when I give in to it, I can lose myself with my writing for nearly three hours straight. I lose track of time, and my current reality. I am not sure if it is something I naturally do, because I often avoid my writing, and allow negative thoughts stop me. And I don't know for sure what happens when I enter that zone, just that I feel inspired.

Last edited:
A pretty rare thing for me but I think you have to clear your mind,relax and let it flow,I don't think you can force your way into it.Yeah,just not have your mind full of worries or other useless thoughts.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Musicians and likely others call it flow. It happens to me practising a complicated piece of music over and over again and suddenly it just works, not aware of fingers moving and in almost a trance with an associated high.

Musicians and likely others call it flow. It happens to me practising a complicated piece of music over and over again and suddenly it just works, not aware of fingers moving and in almost a trance with an associated high.
The mind and muscle memory takes over. The only thing I can say I’ve experienced is while typing. I was a secretary for a few years and typed a lot. I could go like mad and not think about where my fingers were going.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Tony have you ever felt like you were channeling from the other side while playing ?

Reactions: TonyM
The mind and muscle memory takes over. The only thing I can say I’ve experienced is while typing. I was a secretary for a few years and typed a lot. I could go like mad and not think about where my fingers were going.
Great analogy, Lynne.
in almost a trance
Bingo! That's what I get into when I'm zoning or, as you say, in the flow.