In the footsteps of Lankester Merrin, LOL!

Interesting! Especially when you could actually feel the floor vibrate on the knocks. That is really hard to explain away.
Remember when Sheldon decided to take up throat singing?

On a final word from me on this part being Janet's voice, some research was done, which could have been the previous tenent of the address Bill Watkins, my observations were that there were several personalities, one of which was malevolent, however i can not prove this, it was only my impression.
Some useful links below:-
The Enfield Haunting drama by Sky Living is the most accurate, however i do not agree with small parts, in America i think you can stream it by Hulu, but you can buy a DVD on Amazon for £5,00
The Enfield Haunting TV film | spr.ac.uk
The inaccurate Conjuring 2 film is discussed on link below:-
The Conjuring 2 vs the True Story of the Enfield Poltergeist

Another useful link to the events in Enfield can be found below:-
The Enfield Poltergeist | Psi Encyclopedia

I'm trying to get a bigger picture on download, so may take time, an old passport that shows i did live in Enfield when i was 20, sorry about the moustache, but they were in vogue then, it makes me look like a Mexican bandit, Lol!

Attachments

• picture 27 60%.png
    picture 27 60%.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 142
Please tap on picture, then tap on arrow on right at top to make larger to see my passport above, my membership to the Ghost Club on 25th April 1977 is on download below:-. The Enfield Poltergeist events did not start till 30th August 1977.

Attachments

• picture 28 65%.png
    picture 28 65%.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Please tap on picture, then tap on arrow on right at top to make larger to see my passport above, my membership to the Ghost Club on 25th April 1977 is on download below:-. The Enfield Poltergeist events did not start till 30th August 1977.

Did your club ever visit the Hellfire Caves? They weren't too far from RAF High Wycombe which I had the occasion to visit a couple of times, but I could never work out my schedule to tour the Caves.

Reactions: Astronomer
I didn't get called up to help until early December 1977, i arrived in the evening, it was dark, cold and drizzle was in the air, when i was admitted i found it colder in the hall way than outside, it was my first experience of cold spots i investigated but found no reason for this,. In all my visits i found numerous cold spots, next i will write about objects flying through the air!

Hi Duke,

I was going to drive down there years ago, but i was getting disabled with bamboo spine, which effects turning your neck, thus couldn't drive any more, but i wish i had visited the Hell Fire Club and Caves. I love saucy history, and in the 1700's it is alleged that many of the leading politicians of the day visited to worship pagan gods and have an orgy afterwards! It is alleged that Benjamin Franklin visited, when he was in England.
I research Benjamin Franklin, who was very interested in astrology and astronomy, in fact he used to publish an almanac, link below:-
Poor Richard’s Almanack – Benjamin Franklin Historical Society

The reason that i joined the Ghost Club was from 5 to 15 years old, i lived in an old double fronted house, being 372 Hertford Road, Enfield, it had a paranormal cellar. It has long gone now as whole area has been re-developed, but that is another story, probably because i was using an ouija board, but events were never as strong as the Enfield Poltergeist a mile away, picture of the building is on attachment. After clicking on picture, click on arrow on the top right side to see larger picture.

Attachments

• picture 29 60%.png
    picture 29 60%.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 140
There were numerous occasions when small children's toys such as lego bricks and marbles would swirl up in the air, and shoot off in all directions, i was hit a number of times, once in the head by a marble.
I could never see the direction thrown by all the small objects, but i am sure a lot were thrown where no one were standing, when the marbles hit the carpet they didn't bounce or roll, it was if they hit sticky mud and they were hot to touch!
Matches would burst into flames in the kitchen sometimes.
On one occasion when i wasn't there, but Maurice Grosse was, the whole cast iron fire place was pulled out of the wall in the girls bedroom and flung across the room, it was very heavy, a few days later i tried to pick it up, and it was too heavy to be done by the girls!
I did see tables move and chairs by unseen hands, i have no explanation for this!

Reactions: Lynne