In the dark...

Reminds me of an interview with Bob Dylan on 60 Minutes. I think it was Ed Bradley that asked him about his songwriting process. Bob starts singing some very esoteric lyrics from Subterranean Homesick Blues.
He said do you really think I wrote that ? I pick it out of the Ether.

Keith Richards was asked a similar question and he said I really don't write these songs I'm just the antenna.

I bet that's a feature of really creative people in any medium.
That's exactly it! An antenna picking up from the ether, and what comes in is not under my control. Knew about Dylan but didn't know about Keith. Thanks. :)

The legendary story is Keith woke up in the middle of the night with the riff to Satisfaction. He turned on a tape recorder and grabbed his guitar. Fell back asleep and forgot about it. Discovered it a few days later.

I have wondered the same thing. Obviously if you own an allegedly haunted location you rent out to paranormal investigators, the spooky factor is heightened by the dark. They probably make more money selling after dark investigation opportunities.

I also remember one of the hokier paranormal show from several years ago claimed they conducted their investigations at 3am because is was "the hour of the dead" or some such silliness.
3am is the opposit of when Christ was put on the cross.

Reactions: Donna K.
This is a great thread. You all have great ideas on this topic.

Reactions: Donna K.
Here... we call it "The Changing of The Guard". Dawn and Dusk. Either way, there is no more 'occurrence' at night then during the day. HOWEVER... I am one who wants to know what's coming at me. I get claustrophobic at night. Most people close their blinds - I have none... on purpose.

Nightmares though... I have my worst and start awake... on average... within 15 minutes or so... of 3:00 a.m.

3am is the opposit of when Christ was put on the cross.

I did not know that Lynne... makes perfect sense.

As for 'ghost hunters'... I have spent so much breath and energy keeping people OUT that I never allowed such. But, my nephew did one time. Came right before dusk... spent an hour 'setting up' in the woods... and about 10 minutes hauling a*s out of them and into their van... as soon as darkness fell. brahhhaaaahaaa. 'hiccop' 'sorry'