In Store Adventures...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

WHAT IS THE FUNNIEST OR WILDEST THING YOU'VE EVER SEEN WHILE SHOPPING?
WALMART COMES TO MIND WITH THIS QUESTION!

JUST TO GET YOU STARTED, I QUALIFIED AS ONE OF THE CRAZY PEOPLE THE FIRST TIME I WAS ON A MOBILITY SCOOTER. RAN IT RIGHT INTO ONE OF THOSE BIG OLD WIRE CAGES HOLDING GIANT CHILDREN'S PLAY BALLS. CLEAN UP ON AISLE 10, 11, 12. THEY WERE ALL OVER THE PLACE!

SHARE YOUR SHOPPING ADVENTURES!

As a young teen, one of my best friends was blind. Wasn't unusually for me to spend the night at his place, especially during the summer. Very near his home was a shopping center that featured a McCrory's five and dime.

While in there once I told him I needed to make a (pay)phone call. I walked him over to an out of the way aisle and told him to stay there and hold on to this fixture until I got back. I then placed his hand in an inappropriate area on a female mannequin.

Early 1970s so no cell phone to get a picture, but I stood across the main store aisle and watched people walk by him and stare. I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe. When I told him what I'd done, he wasn't amused.

As a young teen, one of my best friends was blind. Wasn't unusually for me to spend the night at his place, especially during the summer. Very near his home was a shopping center that featured a McCrory's five and dime.

While in there once I told him I needed to make a (pay)phone call. I walked him over to an out of the way aisle and told him to stay there and hold on to this fixture until I got back. I then placed his hand in an inappropriate area on a female mannequin.

Early 1970s so no cell phone to get a picture, but I stood across the main store aisle and watched people walk by him and stare. I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe. When I told him what I'd done, he wasn't amused.
LOL, that is so slack but hilarious Duke, you can't let an impairment get in the way of hassling your mates, lol.

Probably neither funny nor wild, but when we were kids my brother and I got into mischief when my mother was busy shopping. Once, when we were in a department store we noticed that the second floor had a railing, over which you could look down onto the first floor. Near that railing was a display of children's clothing. My brother started taking little outfits on hangers and tossing them over the railing, and then hiding. People were like, where's this clothing coming from? When they would look up, no one was there.

Think this was K-mart. Of course, my brother and sister and i were away from our mom and forget who had me in a cart and flying down the aisles. We come bookin' around a corner and there was a huge gumball machine. Well smash it went lol. Gumballs rolling as far as the eyes can see with broken glass everywhere. Whoever was pushing me around left me in the cart to be found by store workers. Pretty sure it was my sister that left me there. My brother was probably somewhere in the store on the department intercom phones making announcements lol.

One trip years ago I saw a woman in a crop top reaching for items on top shelves. When doing so she was showing her own goods.

Witnessed this minor miracle myself at the car wash once when I was about 22, only she was bending low forward.

That was a good day.