In our neighborhood

Knightowls73

Reaction score
Please excuse the long post but I have been experiencing some strange things in my neighborhood and I would like some insight on them. I really don't know where to begin with everything but I'm pretty sure it all ties in together.

When I was a kid I had an "imaginary" friend that I played with in the woods. I couldn't see him most of the time but I was very aware of him. He told me he could teach me to listen to animal's thoughts. Eventually I became pretty aware of them. My mom said I would do odd things like petting bees or just sitting in the yard for long periods without moving. I was aware that this "friend" wasn't human but he was neither good or bad but he was intelligent. I had dreams for many years while living at home that this creature visited the basement of my mom's house from time to time and had a strange feeling that it wanted me to stay with it in the basement. As the years passed I had began to dismiss this friend as my imagination but kept the awareness that came with that friendship.

During these years I had moved away from the neighborhood my mom has told me that about once a week for about two decades, she has seen a small boy in her room holding a bouquet of dried flowers. Sometimes, instead of a boy, she sees a taller man with red eyes, a small deer or lynx like cat. She believes these entities are presenting themselves as Carpatho-Rusyn (her nationality) in nature and are trying to get some sort of message across.

A few years ago I was lucky enough to buy a house across the street from my childhood home. Since I moved back here I've had an intense draw to the woods and my awareness of this thing has returned. When I took my spirit box into the woods I almost immediately got an EVP "Bobby, I see you".

Recently, my son was at a bonfire in the neighbor's yard, late at night and SIX kids watched a little boy come out of the woods and try to get on my tree swing. After the kids watched this child struggle to get on the swing the kids got the courage up to see who it was and the boy hid behind the neighbor's shed. When they went around the shed to try to find him he took off into the woods at a super fast speed. I asked the dad who was there and he thought he saw the same thing but thought it was an adult but when I mentioned the kids seeing a little boy he said they saw a little boy in their house for about a year after buying their house. They even asked the neighbors if a child had died in the area and nobody could recall a death.

Here is where things have been becoming a little unnerving. My son confided in me yesterday that the boy he saw in the yard the other night has been coming to him in his dreams and telling him he can teach him to talk to animals. I never shared any of my experiences as a kid with him. Recently, my wife and I have also seen what we can only describe as "soot sprites" (little black orbs) leaving my son's room and going across the hall into the bathroom. There is no way this is a mouse. I've checked the bathroom on more than one occasion and there is nowhere for it to go in there.

I did a cleansing of our home yesterday and I think it was successful for now. I just think everything I experienced as a kid, everything my mom has been experiencing with the shadow kid, shadow man, and animals, the boy my neighbors have been seeing, and the boy my son has been seeing are all connected. I really don't feel like this is a human spirit since it is taking a variety of forms and the listening to animals aspect but I don't feel it is evil either. Could this be an elemental spirit or something else? Any insight as to what may be going on would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

When I was a kid I had an "imaginary" friend that I played with in the woods. I couldn't see him most of the time but I was very aware of him. He told me he could teach me to listen to animal's thoughts.
I think you already know this, but your "friend" is likely not imaginary.
Here is where things have been becoming a little unnerving. My son confided in me yesterday that the boy he saw in the yard the other night has been coming to him in his dreams and telling him he can teach him to talk to animals.
......I guess I was right......

if you want some insight on what this spirit could be, i should know about your experiences with the supernatural.
what other supernatural encounters have you had?
what types of literature have you read or have in our home?
any types of religious sybmbols or talismans in your possession?
since this friend of yours is now talking to your son, do you know how many generations before you have had this experience?

i recommend you answer those, have your son answer them, cross reference for any possible correlations, then i could probably tell you what this spirit is. i could take an educated guess right now but i might scare you unnecessarily.

or can you tell us more about this friend you had?

Reactions: Knightowls73
I really don't feel like this is a human spirit since it is taking a variety of forms and the listening to animals aspect but I don't feel it is evil either. Could this be an elemental spirit or something else? Any insight as to what may be going on would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
it's deinitely not human. also don't be fooled of its nature just beacause it teaches. angels and demons are both teachers. and no, demons dont always lie, unless lying is how they're going to mess with you. they can easily corrupt someone by telling the truth too, or giving you supernatural gifts like speaking to animals (which is seemingly a good thing).

taking on multiple forms? oh boy. can you draw them out for us? or find a other-worldly creature online that looks like one of its forms you've seen?

i may as well introduce myself. ive had many paranormal experiences, usually demons following me my entire life, even as a Christian they still follow me and my wife and friends can confirm this. because of this i've done a lot of reading into the occult to get to the bottom of these experiences. however im not an occult practitioner. that's kinda wrapped in red tape by the church lol

Hi Knight. Welcome to the forum. If you have any questions or need assist, please let me know. I'm Debi, owner and admin of the forum.

I agree with some of what Charleh has said above. His take on demons is pretty close to my own. However, it is possible that this entity is "something else." I come from a different religious background so I will vary from the normal Christian view in some areas. I'm 64 and have been dealing with the paranormal since I was 5.

Over my lifetime, I have seen entities that can be attached to a family. One of the things I note here is that it is now appearing to your child. This could indicate it is sticking within the family unit.
Elementals normally do not take the form of humans when they show up. I say normally, as you must realize that everything we know about the paranormal is basically theory and patterns that we see overtime with these things. One of the other things that stands out is it's "offer" to give you something, i.e. the ability to talk with animals. Do note that should you accept that offer, you are then bound to whatever this entitity is. By accepting an offer, you are now in it's debt and it's allowed to do as it will with you. Not a good idea when the entity is an unknown. The Djinn have been known to take this approach as well.

I have seen spirits who simply work a deal so they can stick around and be accepted by you. They like to "hitch rides" with people and live a kind of second life through you. A bit like an attachment, but not demonic. Just a burden and one you don't want. If it is just a spirit, it needs to be moving on to it's own realm.

Normally, spirit guides and Angelics don't play the hide and seek game and show up in different forms. They are normally very straight forward in appearance and consistant. Then we have the demonics, who do play these games.

Bottom line is you have to decide if you wish to have this continue in your life or you want to get rid of it. Once you can answer that, I can tell you how to proceed. It's sometimes not so much what it is, but how it affects your life.

Last edited:
then i could probably tell you what this spirit is. i could take an educated guess right now but i might scare you unnecessarily.
Charleh, none of us can tell another for sure what they have there. You are most welcome to offer your opinion and theory of what it is, but we as a forum cannot say for certain what this entity is. Each experience is different, and those who work in the field will tell you that although you may base your opinions and theories on your own research and religious experiences, there is still no definitive answer out there.

Knightowls, any advice we offer here falls under what I just said. We can offer you our own experiences, theories and opinions, but we cannot say we have all the answers. We have POSSIBLE solutions and offer any assistance we can.

Welcome Knight , thanks for sharing your story. We can all take away something from each other's expierences. I will pray for you and your family for protection and wisdom in dealing with this. This does not sound like a good situation. Please proceed with caution.

Welcome, Knightowls73 to the ParaNormal Forum. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I hope that you can gain from the experiences and opinions of PNF members and get some insight into what is happening in your case.

Wow, it seems I've got a lot to try to wrap my mind around. I have always felt as if my childhood "friend" was some sort of nature spirit. I likened it to something the stories of faeries would be derived from. I feel like it helped me develop a closeness with nature. I will admit I have been a little obsessed with protecting the park as of late, walking it daily and documenting every species I can find. Obsessed to the point of finding myself in the news and getting the township to actually bring in heavy equipment for the last two weeks to dig out 30 years worth of dumping. I was kind of happy at first when this spirit appeared to my son hoping it would be a positive thing for him. Now, I am a little worried I could have been wrong.

Paranormal experiences or "awareness" go far back in both mine and my wife's families. But, as far as I know, my son and I are the only two in our family that have experienced a spirit who has offered this gift. I was just under the impression he can feel this entity's presence like I did as a child and he spends almost as much time in the woods as I do. My son has seen other spirits in the past.

The entities visiting my mother (who lives across the street) may or not be the same as the one my son and I experience. She sees a boy holding and offering to her a bundle of dried oats. The man wears traditional Rusyn clothing and appears with red eyes. She also sees what she believes to be a roe deer and Eurasian lynx. These are dark shadowy creatures she can see some color or texture in the longer she looks at them. After a minute or so they disappear.

My neighbors behind me (also bordering this park) have seen a boy often the first year and a half they lived in the house. I didn't get a lot of details from them but they said he quit appearing when they began to ask around to other neighbors about him.

I don't know how, if at all, these experiences connect other than they are all near this park. I'm just a little unsure what to make of all this at this point. I'm going to have to mull it all over. Thank you for your advice so far. It is very much appreciated. I just feel I need to protect my son at all costs but I would hate to deny him a gift that may not have strings attached by being overprotective. I hope this helps some.

Welcome Knight , thanks for sharing your story. We can all take away something from each other's expierences. I will pray for you and your family for protection and wisdom in dealing with this. This does not sound like a good situation. Please proceed with caution.
Thank you!

Thank you!
This is exactly the reason I cautioned we can't assume anything. By adding more context here, it does start to form more of a picture.

First, never accept anything from the Fae. Just a head's up. They are not cute little things with wings that do no harm.

But on to what you have now added. On first read of the events, it sounded as if this was all one entity. Perhaps we need to detangle these events and treat them as separate. The little boy, the imaginary friend, etc. may all be separate from each other.

Now, the view on these entities will be colored by your own religious beliefs, Knight. Some Christians view them all as demonic or bad. Others do recognize the angelics and spirit guides. If the little boy is a separate entity, the imaginary friend could be a Spirit Guide or Angel. We can't rule that out, especially when I see that it has led you into the Light and goodness with your actions toward animals. The good news here is if you do cleanse your home and add protections for yourself and your son, if the imaginary friend is truly one of the good guys, it will only benefit from these actions and not feel offended. In fact, if it is an angelic or spirit guide, it will most likely help you achieve good outcomes in protecting your home from the bad guys.

At the very least, I would perform a cleansing and blessing on your property and on the people within your household. Depending on your religious affiliation, I would call clergy/priest to do this for you. I can also recommend using St. Benedict medals in the home or on the body for protection, and the use of St. Michael the Archangel's Prayer. (Short form is fine.) That's a good place to start and see what comes of it from that first step.